Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Heywood Wakefield Chair

lesley rice wrote at 2016-02-25 16:51:15
Fred was 'disappointed' with my "8" rating I gave him for his knowledge and made sure to let me know by commenting back to me with a snarky comment.  But please, do let me change my rating of Fred's knowledge to a "10" because that is probably the rating in that category he expects and may deserve and I apologize for not being more generous originally.  But his Politeness rating just went down, imo, to a 5 because of his own response to my rating justifying his expertise by including, "....what more do you want?  A refund?"  How rude. I'll find another expert in the future without such a huge ego, thank you very much.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida