Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Inherited Drucker trunk

Drucker trunk
Drucker trunk  

Drucker trunk
Drucker trunk  
My grandparents both passed away and nobody wanted this old trunk. I have done some research but haven't found a price quote. It seems to be in very good condition, it hasn't been touched up or even cleaned. I was hoping to get a value. Thank you very main hinge is broken.

I'm glad someone saved the trunk for future generations. Drucker made many types of trunks and good quality trunks from what I've seen and this one is from the early 1900's. Drucker started using the lion trademark in 1897 and the hardware and style indicate this is from about 1900 to as late as 1920 or so. It's a good quality trunk but a common style and so the value is based on it's overall condition and completeness. Having a good clean interior with the original tray increases the value some. Any damaged or missing hardware such as a broken hinge decreases the value some, and hinges can be tricky to replace or repair. But in general an original trunk of this type with the inner tray will usually sell in the range of about $150 to $200. It can sometimes be more without any damage and in excellent condition and sold in a good retail shop. Prices at auctions, flea markets, and garage sales are usually lower.  So, I hope that gives you a good estimate of the value. Hopefully someone will enjoy using it or restoring it in the future.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.