Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Paalman tea wagon

Question
tea cart-1
tea cart-1  
tea cart-2
tea cart-2  
QUESTION: I have a Paalman tea wagon with Paalman label on the bottom 432, LS140 (written in ink), and a metal tag in the drawer. I am including pictures of the cart and I was wondering if the tea cart was mahogany or walnut. Part of the spindles are painted for accent. It has an asian motif on drop leaves on top, with Japanese or Chinese but I can't distinguish between the two, and obviously can't read the writings. I would appreciate any information on this item, realizing that Paalman closed in 1930. Thank you.

Ron Williams

(located in Kansas)

ANSWER: use the followup function and post picture of the label and close up os the wood grain so i can identify the species.

thanks

closeups
closeups  

wood grain
wood grain  
QUESTION: I hope these pictures are clear/close enough to answer any questions. Thank you.

Answer
please do a closer picture of the wood grain, too far to see in the photo.  send it to my email please

probably the flats shelves are mahogany veneer but need to see to tell you for certain.

Title   Paalman Furniture Co.
Address   Grand Rapids, MI
Year Opened   1916
Year Closed   1966

as to value, due to some condition issues yours would sell at 250-350.

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein