Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Penn dining table & chairs

Penn Table & chairs
Penn Table & chairs  
I have a Penn Table Co dining table, marked underneath #8 (I think - part of the label is torn off) and 5 side chairs #70 plus 1 captain's chair.  Table top needs refinishing; main damage is the edges of veneer on the leaf.  Chairs are sturdy, upholstery is good. I would like to know an approximate value in order to sell it.

Table and chairs in the jacobean style and/or colonial revival style.  use whichever term will sound best to your buyers.

top is probably walnut veneer rest sweet gum including the chairs.

75-125 each for the chairs and 350-450 for the table would be a fair price.

hope this is what you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971