Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Re: age and value of chair

I thought it might be helpful if I re-sent my question about the chair I think is home made. You requested more photos which I am sending again to show where the tool markings were.  You wrote back and said the markings were from a band saw.  

I have had the chair for 60 years retrieved from my mother's junk room.  I wanted to know the approximate age and value.  

Gloria Stanton

This is a manufactured chair.  However, even manufactured chairs have some hand work although it is generally in the fitting and some joinery. We call that hand assisted machine work.  I have to go back to the full view pictures for age and value.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971