Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Re: age and value of chair

Question
Chair
Chair  

Chair
Chair  
I thought it might be helpful if I re-sent my question about the chair I think is home made. You requested more photos which I am sending again to show where the tool markings were.  You wrote back and said the markings were from a band saw.  

I have had the chair for 60 years retrieved from my mother's junk room.  I wanted to know the approximate age and value.  

Gloria Stanton

Answer
This is a manufactured chair.  However, even manufactured chairs have some hand work although it is generally in the fitting and some joinery. We call that hand assisted machine work.  I have to go back to the full view pictures for age and value.

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein