Collectibles-General (Antiques)/slot machine

Question
jack pot
jack pot  
top spring off
top spring off  
QUESTION: sorry, i forgot the pictures

ANSWER: Hi Steve,
Your jackpot "trip lever" looks fine from what I can see, but if you will notice the top payout slide is still out (forward), if the top slide was retracted the Jackpot trip lever would be allowed to drop, but right now the top slide is stopping it, and holding the jackpot lever up by the top payout slide from being out. I can't see that top spring well enough to see if it is broken or not but if it is, yes this is your problem because this top spring would pull the top horizontal payout lever out from behind the top pay-out slide, allowing the top pay-out slide to retract, with no spring or broken spring on this top horizontal payout lever, the top lever will not have a way to move out of the way of the top slide, allowing the top payout slide to retract. Great photos, very helpful, thank you!

Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

QUESTION: Hi,
Everything worked just like you said it would! I manually set the reels to tic tac toe and the jackpot instantly released. The sliders where were you said they would be.
big question: how often should  tic tac toe jackpot hit?
does it have to do with the amount of coins in the jackpot?
that top spring did not just fall off and it wasn't broken either.
I believe this is another case of an unscrupulous owner.
Don't forget to send me a description and price for the repair manual.
I might also be interested in a back door lock, the one on it is a mills and it rattles just a bit, I could live with it.
Thanks again,
Steve

Answer
Hi Steve,

How often should tic-tak-toe come up? Well that would be a tough mathematical question and there are ways to figure this out, and there is an out of print book and I have that book, to help figure out the odds on different reel strip combinations and layouts, but it would be a big job and not one that I want to do right now to figure out the odds of hitting that combination, to even do this first off we would have to know every symbol on each reel and the layout. But I know you're not asking for that so let's continue. I would think it would hit once in a while as that is an 18 coin payout, much like any 3 bells, and that will happen, but not without some play. Like, maybe one in a hundred plays or so at a guess.
The Jennings original Yale back door locks for these Jennings machines are not cheap, originals going for 70 to 140 on ebay when they show up. Some Jennings machines did use a Mills type bell lock on them with the side cut key, I know as I have one just like that. If the back door rattles you should be able to adjust that in some way, or use a rubber stick on pad to tighten the door a little, something can be done here. If you do want that manual or want to know more about it Please write me at: info@coinslots.com so we don't have to use up allexperts resources to talk about it, and if needed, sending photos or other things. Also Steve; I want to thank you personally for all the fine feedback you have left me here at allexperts,  very kind feedback, and thank you for doing that Steve!
Thank You!
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson