Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Slot machine on a Groetchen

Question
Have a Groetchen columbia slot machine the pull have disengages any help would be appreciated

Answer
Hi Harry,

I don't know these Columbia's very well, when you say that the pull disengages what do you mean exactly, do you insert a coin and it starts to pull down and then the handle breaks loose of the mechanism somehow? Is the handle coming out or is it staying in close to the cabinet as you pull it down, as these handles do detach from the machine for easy removal and I think they have a ball bearing clip that holds the handles snapped in place, maybe this could be broken? I have only had one or two of these machine an haven't had the chance to tear one a part to see what and how it works, they are a different breed so knowing them and how they work would be a must in repairing them. We do have an extensive packet of information in our manuals lists on our web site that includes manuals, sales info, and many clear photos of the mechanism that can help anyone working on one of these. They are a very interesting machine the way they take in coins in play and give those played coins right back in pay-outs on a win, so if you were playing slugs, you would win your slugs right back if you hit a winner, now that is a very cool innovation for the times.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson