Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Sikes Rocker

Sikes Rocker
Sikes Rocker  

Sikes Rocker
Sikes Rocker  
I would like to know the age and value of my Sikes Rocker #1380 on the tag.

looks like #1318.

Made around 1920s and is a windsor style colonial rocker.

retail in a shop it would sell at 250-350 depending on the store.

wood is birch stained to a mahogany color.  it is a real treat to see one of these in such good condition.

hope this helps

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971