Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Sligh Bed vintage

bed rail
bed rail  

I just bought a full size Sligh bed. I would really love to find out the vintage of it. The only markings on it is a paper label. I will send a couple pictures of the label. I need to glue back together the foot board before I can assembly the bed. I will send a picture of it if you need it. It is the standard Sleigh type bed, with the molded foot and head board, along with ball and claw feet.

ANSWER: gotta have pictures, there is no standard sleigh or sligh bed.  need to see what i am to talk about

use the followup function to post picture of head and foorboards

head board
head board  

foot board
foot board  
QUESTION: Here are the best pictures I can get. I have 4 more pictures is you need them, shows the ball and claw feet better and the reverse of the foot board.

after waxing and regluing--hot hide glue was used originally the bed would have a retail price in a shop of 650$.  

if you are not used to hot hide glue then liquid hide glue can be purchased, heat it to 120 degrees then use it.

waxing with Briwax in the antique mahogany color will do wonders!

hope this is what you needed--thanks  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971