Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Trunk

Question
Front of the trunk
Front of the trunk  

Side
Side  
I received this trunk from my mother who received it as a wedding gift in 1943. I have looked all over the trunk and cannot find any name of the company who made it. The inside conatains a "shelf" that is lined with paper as well as the bottom of the trunk. The flip top is not lined. It also has four wheels on the bottom. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
trunk was made around 1890-1910.  originally would have been covered with leather or canvas.  the hardware looks good.  check closely for a name on the lock, it is not unusual for the trunk to have no name or makers label.

pictures are not clear enough for me to tell you more including what to do to brighten it up.

use the followup function and post good clear picture of outside and of interior

thanks

bob  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein