Collectibles-General (Antiques)/TRUTYPE

Question
Bureau2
Bureau2  
Bureau
Bureau  
QUESTION: I have two bureaus with red Mahogany Association labels with a 131 numbers.  I provided this number and information to Furniture City History.  Engraved on the inside of the drawer is TRUTYPE which is inside a rectangle.  On the back of the bureau is 7 42 (does this indicate July 1942?), 3025 and INSPECTED T PASSED OK within a circle. They did not have this particular number in their database.  They in turn provided the manufacturer of Statton Furniture Manufacturing Co. of Hagerstown, Md.  They felt you would be interested in obtaining this information in the event you did not have this label number.  My question please is what the current value may be, it's age and will it devalue the furniture to restore/refinish these bureaus?  Thank You

ANSWER: Please use the followup-function and post picture of the mahogany label and of the manufacturers label.

thanks

Mahogany Association Label
Mahogany Association L  

Trutype
Trutype  
QUESTION: Requested photos attached and thank you for the fast response

Answer
Thank you very much for the post!
The quality of the restoration would be the key.  I recommend you buy antique mahogany color Briwax, toluene free and use it first then live with the pieces for a while before starting anything.

They are nice pieces but the striping which looks like inlay stringing may be painted on and would go away if stripped and finished.

As is they are retail selling at 250 each.  If restored properly add 150 to each.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein