Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Imperial Library Table

Library Table
Library Table  

I was given this desk by my Aunt.
Noticed it had a small crest shaped sticker in the drawer. Curious about the history of tis piece & its worth. It does require some TLC.

This is called a sofa table. It was manufactured in the 1920s. Unable to tell you that wood without pictures of the top but generally this style is in a walnut veneer on the faces and tops with sweetgum or tulip poplar for the secondary woods.It would be a walnut veneer top with the undercarriage or legs in the shoe style feet would be sweetgum wood. I would recommend it first you wax it with walnut colored Briwax. Make sure you buy the type that is toluene free.

In good condition this table would sell for around $400 in a good store.

Hope this is the information you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971