Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Imperial Library Table

Question
Library Table
Library Table  
Hello:

I was given this desk by my Aunt.
Noticed it had a small crest shaped sticker in the drawer. Curious about the history of tis piece & its worth. It does require some TLC.

Answer
This is called a sofa table. It was manufactured in the 1920s. Unable to tell you that wood without pictures of the top but generally this style is in a walnut veneer on the faces and tops with sweetgum or tulip poplar for the secondary woods.It would be a walnut veneer top with the undercarriage or legs in the shoe style feet would be sweetgum wood. I would recommend it first you wax it with walnut colored Briwax. Make sure you buy the type that is toluene free.

In good condition this table would sell for around $400 in a good store.

Hope this is the information you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein