Collectibles-General (Antiques)/McLean's platform rocker

McLean\'s rocker
McLean's rocker  

rocker plate
rocker plate  
Hello,  I have a McLean's platform rocker that I would like to sell as I am downsizing.  The brass plate reads:
McLean's Rocker 179. pat. May 23 '76  w. fourth st Cin.O
It is in good condition and needs only a shampoo.  Can you give me a ballpark figure of its value and where I might try to sell it please?

Thank you.

dealer would pay about 100 to sell at 200-250 after some cleaning.

It is a victorian style but cannot tell you the wood species from the photo.

take picture to dealers in your area as i do not know where or what type publications are in your area.  you will have to sell locally as shipping would be more than the chair.

hope this helps

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971