Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mission style reclining arm chair

Chair pic 1
Chair pic 1  

Chair pic 2
Chair pic 2  
Hello Robert,
I purchased this chair from an antique market in Atlanta about nine years ago.  I believe I paid between $275-$400.  I can't find any markings and have been unable to identify anything like it through my searches on the web.  It has twist style hardware to adjust the layback and a cross pattern support for arms.  Wondering if you might be able to help identify maker and period.  Thanks!

no way to identify the maker on this.  the brackets used are common usage brackets not particular to any company, actually used on fall front desks and chests as well.

style tells me it is 1930s.

use the followup function an post picture underneath and rear view, thanks.

should be a cushion for the seat and back.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971