Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Add'l ? on Scholle's Chicago vanity

scholle\'s chicago vanity
scholle's chicago vani  

scholle\'s chicago vanity
scholle's chicago vani  
Per our prior exchange (via ), I am attaching additional pics of the Scholle's Chicago vanity...I took pics of the underside and close-ups of the legs & hardware but was unable to include them due to the limit on the amount of pics I can attach.   thank you

Please continue to send me more photos if you want, everything I have seen so far does not prove to me that this was made in the 1930, It really looks like this vanity is from the  1950s at the earliest. There is nothing that shows any real age and the patina is also a spray varnish.

It is kind of a mute point because even if this was made in the 1930's it is still a reproduction that was mass produced and the value at best would be $250 dollars. I really do not suggest that you tell the insurance company or the shipping company what I have told you, this is there problem. the best thing to do is to find a furniture restorer and ask them the price to restore the leg, and that is what they should pay.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson

I will attempt to answer questions about European Antique Furniture and 20th Century Decorative arts and Design furniture, including 18th century & 19th century construction details, style, period and the craftsmen and manufactures that created them, I will also attempt to answer questions about buying European Antiques and how to become a expert collector, my speciality is French, Italian, English, Irish, Spanish, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, German, and Swiss.

Since 1995, I have been, a professional art, antiques and design advisor and earned an unparalleled reputation for providing select clients: expertise in making informed purchase decisions for antiques and art acquisition from a wide range of categories and eras. Architects, interior designers, decorators, dealers, museums, collectors and private clients rely on me for a wide variety of services. I specialize in finding and facilitating the purchase of some of the most notable pieces in the market today. And because I know the market so well –including the secret locations where the world's best dealers purchase their stock – I are generally able to do this at a significant saving of both time and money. My service includes: creating collecting and acquisition strategy including organizing personally guided buying trips throughout the International art and antiques markets, pre-shopping research, sourcing, analysis of markets, documentation and expert appraisals, handling, shipping and delivery coordination. In short, everything my clients need to be assured of the most knowledgeable, reliable, and pleasurable sourcing, acquisition and collecting experience. My approach is to offer maximum transparency. You can visit my website at:

Moving to Paris in 1989, I worked, for five years as an Interior Design Project Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren where I helped to plan and open more than 60 Polo stores and showrooms across Europe and purchased antiques for one of Mr. Lauren's homes and as a result I oversaw the purchase of millions of dollars of Art & Antiques, this experience gave a unique qualifications to understand the complexities of this market and gives me a rare insight into the professional antique & art market. I also have taught “Furniture Design and Style” at the IESA (Institute Arts Superior) in Paris. and have a personal archive of over 170,000 photos of Furniture and 160 hours of video of the major European art and antiques fairs including: Paris’s Biennale des Antiquaires , Maastricht’s TAAF , and London’s Grosvenor House. Some of these videos can be see at:

I have a prestigious international clientele of noted business and entertainment figures as well as some of the word’s most important collectors, References are provided for serious enquires.