Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique (?) Cane Rocking Chair

Question
Rocking Chair 1
Rocking Chair 1  

Rocking Chair 2
Rocking Chair 2  
I bought this rocking chair for $20 and would like to know if it is worth re-caning the seat.  I am not sure how old the rocker is but it looks like the left-hand arm was replaced with a very good replica at some point.  Other than the missing seat, the chair is in good condition with some minor scratches here and there.  I am considering replacing the seat with a padded seat but didn't want to lower the value of the chair if it is valuable.

Answer
Recaning with prewoven cane, which this takes, should only cost 100-150 tops.

I would say do it, it is a good rocker.

could you post a picture closer and of the rear, in focus. use the followup function so the posts will be threaded.

a close clear picture of the arm you suspect has been replaced, why do you think it has been replaced?

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein