Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique chairs

Question
chairs
chairs  
I've had these two chairs for several years. Would like to know what they are worth and what they are called

Answer
These were made in the 1920s.  originally we saw this style, close to this style, from Scandinavia and from Germany when they went from stools to putting a back on a stool.  back then there were one or two holes cut in the seat and the back fit into the seat extending below the seat where one or two wedges of wood slid into the part of the back that protruded below the seat locking it into place.  I do not know that there was a special name for these, and accurate one, but I will do some looking in my materials.  give me a few days to check for you and send me an email if i take too long.

the retail price of these would be 125-150 each in a shop.

thanks!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein