Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Frank and Son Rocking Chair (pair)

Frank & Sons rocking chair
Frank & Sons rocking c  

Frank & Sons label
Frank & Sons label  
My father is downsizing and we located a pair of Frank and Son Rocking chairs that had been stored for 35+ years. The chairs are in good condition but the fabric is worn with age. Would this be considered an antique? Would you know what they could be sold for as a pair? Thanks for your time.

Manuela - The chairs are Colonial Revival reproductions of Colonial period turners chairs of the 1700s. They are 20th century chairs and are not considered  antique. They would sell at auction in the $25-$50 range for the pair.

Frank and Son's Furniture originally begun as Frank & Danziger in 1888. Frank & Son was incorporated in 1926. It produced and sold furniture from 1926 until the late 1970's.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida