Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Old rocking and reclining chair

Question
crest chair
crest chair  
label
label  
QUESTION: I'd like to know if it has any value.

ANSWER:  This is an Eastlake style Victorian platform rocker. They are usually in walnut. I'm sure this is.  That is not the original  upholstery.   With the proper upholstery and in good condition this rocker would sell for about $250-$350 retail.
Hope this is what you needed
Thank you

QUESTION: Thank You.  What did the original upholstery look like?  It's looked like this for me since 1970.

Answer
There were many patterns and styles of upholstery used, what is on it is not one of them.  this was made around 1870.

restored properly and covered appropriately the price would go up considerably.  Retailing in a good shop at 750-850.

do a google search on 'walnut eastlake victorian platform rocker' of variations of those words to see what it looked like.

thanks much!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein