Collectibles-General (Antiques)/White Furniture Mebane - China Cabinet sale price estimate

Question
Label
Label  

China cabinet front
China cabinet front  
Hi Robert,

I am helping a friend sell some furniture that belonged to an old lady who passed away few weeks ago. One of the pieces looked very nice and by checking one of the drawers we saw that the brand is White Furniture from Mebane, NC.

I was curious and did some research and found a bit of this factory's history.

We would like to sell the piece but I think that it is not a garage sale item but something that a collector could be interested in. Could you please assist with a price estimate and some lead on where to sell something like this? I am no expert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The aproxímate dimensions are 93" height, 19" deep, 58" wide.

Thank you.

Answer
I deal in antiques and although White furniture worked from the late 1800 to the 1990s, this item, as nice as it is was from later in their history.  Probably 50s, which is a good thing as mid century modern is becoming more marketable that it was 20 years back.

This would sell in my area at 750.
Keep it in the garage or estate sale and see what happens.  I do not know what sales venues are available in your area.  perhaps placign it in a high end resale store--but get something in writing so you dont get bitten.

thanks

hope this is helpful  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein