Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wilmarth Display Case

Question
Wilmarth Tag
Wilmarth Tag  

Wilmarth Case 1912
Wilmarth Case 1912  
Hi.
I was referred to you by the History of Grand Rapids site.  I have a Wilmarth Case pat. date 1912? and I was trying to find out if it is intended as a showcase or What?  The case opens from the top and has brackets for shelves that are missing which I assume were glass?  It has two of the side glasses missing that we are trying to replace. If the four glasses are intact this can only be loaded from the top.  Does this sound correct?  I was wondering if it was suppose to be open from the back and maybe we should not replace that part with glass? Of course I would appreciate any values you could offer. That so much for your assistance! Diana

Answer
wilmarth case
wilmarth case  
does it look the same from all sides?  if so then there would have been four glass sides and it would have opened from the top. is the top hinged, are there any hinges or holes where any might have been on sides or top?
use the followup function and post a picture showing the top.
The label would have been on the front, but this could have been made to be viewed from all sides in the store.

It is a display case, I am thinking that if it only opened from the top then it would have had metal shelving like a grid with holes as found in old ice boxes, grid squares large enough to display umbrellas or canes.

I need also to know how tall and wide please

remember to use the followup funcion to repost

thanks  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein