Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wilmarth Display Case

Wilmarth Tag
Wilmarth Tag  

Wilmarth Case 1912
Wilmarth Case 1912  
I was referred to you by the History of Grand Rapids site.  I have a Wilmarth Case pat. date 1912? and I was trying to find out if it is intended as a showcase or What?  The case opens from the top and has brackets for shelves that are missing which I assume were glass?  It has two of the side glasses missing that we are trying to replace. If the four glasses are intact this can only be loaded from the top.  Does this sound correct?  I was wondering if it was suppose to be open from the back and maybe we should not replace that part with glass? Of course I would appreciate any values you could offer. That so much for your assistance! Diana

wilmarth case
wilmarth case  
does it look the same from all sides?  if so then there would have been four glass sides and it would have opened from the top. is the top hinged, are there any hinges or holes where any might have been on sides or top?
use the followup function and post a picture showing the top.
The label would have been on the front, but this could have been made to be viewed from all sides in the store.

It is a display case, I am thinking that if it only opened from the top then it would have had metal shelving like a grid with holes as found in old ice boxes, grid squares large enough to display umbrellas or canes.

I need also to know how tall and wide please

remember to use the followup funcion to repost

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971