Collectibles-General (Antiques)/binghampton morris chair

Question
morris chair
morris chair  

morris chair with springs
morris chair with spri  
Hi there,
I that you answered a question about a Binghampton rocker.  I just picked up at a tag sale for $5.00 a Binghampton Morris Chair.  It is in good - fair condition, could use new cushions and some cleaning, but otherwise in decent shape.
I love the chair and do not want to sell, but I am curious as to its value.
Any info you can provide, would be helpful.

Thanks!

Robin Brennan

Answer
The wood is birch and figured birch.  Originally stained to resemble mahogany.  In fact, if it still wore the stain and finish most shops and people would state that it was mahogany!

waxed with antique mahogany colored Briwax and tight, with the current cushions, it would sell at 350-400 in a shop.

You did well.

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein