Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Draw leaf table

table top removed
table top removed  
We have a dining table that measures 89cm wide x 91cm long with leaves tucked in and153cm long with leaves extended it has unusual solid pilar type legs which I've never seen before. We would like to know, if possible, the probable age, where it was built and wood type. Also, we would welcome any estimation of value. We have more images if you need  them
Many thanks for your time.

Most of this style was made in Belgium or the UK in the 1920-30w.  I would have to see it in person to tell you if it was European or American made.  Teh American made ones are of better quality, and from just the style I would gues this is American made but cannot be certain.  please search for a label somewhere or any markings.

The wood is oak veneer, quartersawn oak veneers.  The style is a Deco style.

These usually sell at 450-550 if well made.

hope this is helpful

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971