Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Fake Weiman?

Hiya and thank you in advance.  I recently found this unusual table but am at a loss as to what it is or what it was used for.  Its quite heavy and has "Weiman" stenciled on the bottom but I've never seen a Weiman with a simple stencil mark.  Do you know if this is really a Weiman and what this kind of table was for?  I was told the wood was tigers eye maple but again, I'm not positive of that but would be happy to know if you could tell.  Thank you again! (There is a handle also at the center, lengthwise but thes attached 2 pics were the better ones).  Also curious about the value just for curiosity sake.  Much more curious about whether someone really just stenciled Weiman on a table for the heck of it.

It was made by weiman.  the wood is not birds eye maple. whoever said that was judging from the speckles on the wood.  Those speckles are in the finish.  it is called a distressed finish.  Table looks to be from the third quarter of the 20th century.  I cannot see the top well but it appears to be a veneer, nothing wrong with veneers if cared for properly.  would you use the follow up function and post a picture of the top??  thanks

here is some information
from the late 1990s:
According to "American Manufactured Furniture" (Schiffer Publishing), a reprint of the "1928-29 Zone 3 Furniture Dealers' Reference Book," Weiman Furniture was located in Chicago, Ill.  Also Weiman Co. in Christainsburg, Va.  And Weiman Upholstery, a division of the Weiman Co. Weiman Table was a division of the Weiman Co., located in Ramseur, N.C., that was sold to Bassett in 1979.
Weiman Furniture Company, 2578 Eleventh Street, 1940. The Weiman Company moving to Rockford in 1935 from Chicago, leased the old Rockford Union Furniture company building until 1940 when they built the new, large modern plant above. The manufactured Weiman "Heirloom Quality" Occasional Furniture. They would remain in business in Rockford until 1968.

What we can take from this is that there was more than one location in operation concurrently.  As business does some would move to new locations, consolidate, or close.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971