Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Globe-Wernicke armchair

Question
Chair
Chair  

Detail of back
Detail of back  
I bought this chair about 20 years old from a 90 year old gentleman. The bent-wood back says handmade to me.  The finish appears to be original. Two of the spreaders are loose.

Question: What is current value, and would it hurt the value to glue the spreaders with modern glue?

Answer
Nicer than most being in oak.  It does need some restoration but you should use the proper glue to glue the rungs, which is hot hide glue, or liquid hide glue warmed to 100 degrees.  

If you are not familiar with hide glue please make it your friend.

In good condition this chair should sell in a shop at 350-400.

hope this is what you needed.
thanks  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein