Collectibles-General (Antiques)/history

Question
number
number  

table
table  
Dear mr Klain
the table in the attached photos is in Bogota Colombia, my dad has recently restored.
we would like to know:
when was it made?
original materials?
and if after a non professional restoration it has any value?

Thank you

Answer
It is a manufactured piece from the Imperial Furniture Co in Grand Rapids, MI, USA.  Grand Rapids was a huge manufacturing area from the late 1800s into the 1940s.

The wood on the top would be mahogany veneer, the rest I cannot tell in the photo but generally it is sweet gum and/or tulip poplar stained with an aniline dye to be mahogany color.

If the restoration was done well then the value is intact.  Here this table would sell at 125 in a shop.

Thanks.

Hope this is what you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein