Collectibles-General (Antiques)/John A. Colby & Sons Tea Table

Question
Tea Table Top View
Tea Table Top View  
Tea Table Full View
Tea Table Full View  
QUESTION: This tea table belonged to my husband’s grandmother, who lived in Iowa. There is a tag on the bottom that says, “John A. Colby and Sons”, “41595”. Unfortunately, this is all I know. Can I get an age and value please?

ANSWER: waxed, which will do as a cleaner as well on the wood and cane should be done.  Briwax is a good product.  buy the toluene free type in a brown color.

Made around 1890-1910 with single rope twist legs.  I would think this had glass over the cane and possibly over the whole top and shelf.  I have see these both ways.

Wood is usually oak when carving of this style is used.

QUESTION: Not sure if part of your answer is missing.  Can you provide a value?

Answer
had trouble sending the answer, had to type it twice as i must have left out the value.  also to wax the cane top and underneath.

my comment on value or retail pricing in a store would depend on how it looked after waxing but if all was good then about 350 retail.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein