Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Rocking Chair

Question
Rocking Chair
Rocking Chair  
Rocking Chair
Rocking Chair  
QUESTION: Is this another reproduction?

ANSWER: Yes. Factory made 20th century.

Fred Taylor

refinished
refinished  
QUESTION: Any Idea where it was made? The chair was in terrible shape almost all of the ornate designs washed off with soap and water. I've included a pic of it after repairs and refinishing.

Answer
Jody - No ideas where it was made. It was factory made. The stencil designs were part of the "Early American" movement that was popular in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The chair is called an "arrowback" based on the shape of the spindles in the back.

Without a maker's mark there is no way to tell where or by whom it was made. Fairly generic design.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor