Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Age of Platform Rocker

Question
Platform Rocker
Platform Rocker  

Top of Back Design
Top of Back Design  
I had intended to restore this platform rocker chair but have decided to sell or donate it instead as we have no useful place for it after all. Would you know the approximate age and value (if any)? Iím guessing itís made with walnut or mahogany and shows evidence of previous repair to the upper back frame. It was from my parents' NJ beach house that was built over 100 years ago.

Answer
walnut, victorian, 1870.  First like this I have seen since I started in the business in 1969.

If you donate, it will get lost or thrown out due to cost of restoration to the wood and cane.
Due to condition, it will not sell for more than 50 unless you get lucky.

Where are you located, i may know someone you can call.  If you were here I would pay 50 just so it did not get destroyed.  Is it full size or child size?

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein