Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique display hutch

special scroll and shell
special scroll and she  

Cabinet itself
Cabinet itself  
I to am trying to find out information about this cabinet. It belong to my grandmother. On the back It has a paper nailed or tacked to the bottom that says, Statesville Furniture Company Statesville NC
I have looked on several sites to see something similar but cannot find it. I guess the sell emblem at the top and bottom are different.
If you know anything about it that would be great. Please let me know if you need better pictures. Was not in the best light.

Thank you

You have a 1920 china cabinet in oak.
It does have some condition issues but if you do not have experience in restoration it is not a home project.  I believe the carvings are case from what was called compo at the time, not wood.  The fretwork in the side glass has delaminated.  difficult to repair if you are not experienced.

In good condition it would sell retail at 450-650.

Not sure what you needed but if you have any more specific questions please use the followup function and ask, thanks

I forgot to mention the best thing you can do right now is to use a good quality furniture paste wax. Briwax is a good one in the dark oak color but make sure it is the toluene free type. Apply with a rag and follow the directions

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971