Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Victorian furniture price

Victorian tables
Victorian tables  

I have two Victorian side tables- lyre, dark mahogany, white/gray marble (made in Italy on underside), 17 " wide, 28" tall, 14" deep, one drawer,, and one Victorian coffee table - dark mahogany, 15 3/4" height, 30" width, 22 1/4" depth, oval, carved roses, marble top.  I would like the price for resale.

These are victorian style items.  they were not made in the victorian period.
However, the company "Victorian" made good quality, solid mahogany and veneered mahogany items.  

They are still in business but we know the earliest your items could have been manufactured would be in the mid 30s (this is a variable as there are no surviving records of the Association, to when the association ceased in the mid 60s.  we are still trying to determine when the Association began.  Earliest I find is when they applied for a patent for the labels in 1935.

In a shop these would bring 750$-1000$.

thanks hope this helps  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971