Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antiques

Resending pictures of my grandmother's bedroom suite per your request. I will be sending 3 of this request.

I dont remember what the question was as I do get lots of requests but lets assume you want to know age, wood and value??

These two pieces were manufactured in the 1915-1920s.  The veneers are mahogany cut and applied to show the patterns you see on the bed and dresser.  The case woods were usually birch, sweet gum, and/or tulip poplar at the time, even still used for good furniture, when real wood is still used.

These two pieces in a retail store would or should be priced at 650-700 each.  In a high end shop higher.  I am assuming the condition is good and everything is tight and smooth.

hope this is what you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971