Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Desk or vanity

Question
Desk
Desk  

The details
The details  
I just purchased this desk. The lady I bought it from was unsure of the year it was made but it belonged to her mother. I found a sticker that states "General Furniture Company, Seattle WA" in the middle drawer. Can you give me an idea of the age and the original finish so I can restore it please?

Answer
Made around 1920-1930.  As to the original finish, if the current finish is original it would have been lacquer.

Many similar pieces like this came with a mirror either to hand on the wall or attach to the base to be used as a vanity.

Hope this is what you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein