Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Eastlake Style Bed

Question
Eastlake Style Bed
Eastlake Style Bed  

Eastlake Style Bed Frame
Eastlake Style Bed Fra  
My father purchased this bed back in the 60s in the St Louis, MO area and I'm told the style is Eastlake. There are no manufacture markings that I can see and it's condition is fair but usable. As far as I know, it has not been refinished. The side rails have been glued where the wood split and several of the spacers for the horizontal slats are missing or broken. One of the side rail brackets lost the nails but still functions. The two finials on the headboard are removable but the ones on the footboard are not.

I'd like to get an idea of the current value so I can decide if I will keep, sell, or donate the bed. I will email additional pictures for you to take a look at. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Answer
it is in the eastlake style made around 1890-1900.  woods are usually walnut but the picture is too distant to see the wood grain.

if it is a double and is sturdy and tight in the condition shown it would sell in a shop as is at 250-300.

hope this is what you needed.

thanks  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein