Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Ferguson Duncan End Table

Question
Duncan Table
Duncan Table  

Duncan Table
Duncan Table  
Hello,
I'm searching for a value/time period on this table by Duncan. The spring leaf's work and it is in overall good condition. Claw feet are intact and the little knobs at each corner at still there. I found several pictures of the same table, but no knobs. Don't know if that is even worth mentioning. Thank you in advance. I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran that has fallen on difficult times and have some antique furniture that I need to sell.
Charlie
DAV

Answer
Sorry for your troubles.

The table although called by many to be a duncan phyfe table, it is not.  This is a manufactured table made in the 1940s, with the original finish, or so it appears to have the original finish.

It is mahogany veneer on the tops and drawer front.  The base is most likely sweet gum stained to the color you see.

In a good shop this would price at 100, to 200 tops.   It is a nice table.  You said Ferguson so I am thinking it is the Ferguson Brothers in Hoboken?  In selling this I would make sure to use the terminology ' duncan phyfe style or sheraton style.  do not leave off the word style as that would indicate it was made in the time they were working, which is was not.

Thanks

hope this is what you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein