Collectibles-General (Antiques)/the greyhound stadium

I recently bought a vintage penny slot machine called the Greyhound stadium.

It says pennies only. It is built to work on the old pennies from the UK.
Clement and Whales of Redcar is mentioned on the bottom of the grafics.
It pays out perfectly. either 2, 4 or 6 pennies.

I Really like this machine. It's in nice (I think) original condition.

I would like your knowledge on this one.
How old is it?
Is there suposed to be a picture (or something else)on the rotating wheel behind the little opening with tote dividend on the bottom?
Who made this?
Was is just built for the British Market?

And what ever else you could tell me about it (books, internet links, etc, etc.) would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

The Netherlands

Thank you for the question, answering is another thing. This is an overseas machine and one that is extremely rare for us over here on dry land. To answer this I need to refer you to a guy in the UK but right now his site is down. Please bear with me a bit and I will get you headed in the right direction for this ok? I am on vacation right now but in a few days I have to go back to the grind stone.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Hi Rudolf,
I am not finding much on this here in the U.S.A., there is just not much information but here is a overseas link and a good place to start in trying to research this machine of yours:

Sorry but we just don't know a lot of history on these foreign machines like this one. It is, a very cool machine and I love the looks of it!

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.