Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Gum ball machine I.D.

Question
Gum ball
Gum ball  

Gum ball
Gum ball  
Mr. Freund, I'm attaching a couple of pictures of a gum ball light conversion i've had for 25 years. The conversion of coarse is modern and it was repainted.  What kind is it and does it have any value?  Thank you for your time.

Charles

Answer
Hi Charles, Your machine was made by the Regal Products Co. in the 1940's. Having repainted it does not do as much damage to the value as the lamp attachment does. Fortunately, Regal machines are considered "entry level" collectables, so the damage is minimal. I would place
the value of your machine in the $100 to $150 range. If it still had nice original factory
paint the value would be in the $200 range. Regards,  Jack

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund