Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mahogany Association Inc drop leaf coffee table

Question
table
table  
Sticker
Sticker  
QUESTION: Hello Mr. Klein, I hope you're doing well.  I recently was given a drop leaf coffee table and found a Mahogany Association Inc sticker on the underside.  The sticker contains the number  240.  After doing a little searching online I found your website and hope you could give me a little more information about the table.    I've attached some pictures of the table, as it is still in usable condition but does show it's age.  

Age of table?
Rarity?
Value if any?

Thank you for your time.
-Stephen Galloway
(580) 210-9090

ANSWER: Please use the followup function and post a picture of the "mark" in the drawer. Is it a mark or label other than the Mahogany Association decal?  The number 240 has not yet been connected to a manufacturer so it would be most helpful if it is a manufacturers label!!  All the records of the Mahogany Association were lost or destroyed so we are trying to build another database matching the MA number to a manufacturer.

I have seen similar tables from the 1920s-1940s.  In old advertisements they were sold as desks and as butlers serving tables.

I will reserve my opinion on the date of manufacturer till I see the picture you referred to as the 'mark'.

thanks

as to care, use only a good quality furniture paste wax like Briwax, with no toluene, in the antique mahogany color.  Or Trewax in indian sand color.

Label
Label  
QUESTION: There isn't a mark on the table. Only label or markings is the one sticker on bottom side. I've attached a different picture of it, its a little darker but text is easier to read.

Answer
Table would have been manufactured in the late 1920s into the 30s.  We wont know the manufacturer until we learn which manufacturer held the 240 MA number.

Did you want a retail value if so figure after cleaning and waxing a retail in shop price would be around 350-400.

thanks, hope this hleps.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein