Collectibles-General (Antiques)/record cabinet

record cabinet
record cabinet  
name on record cabinet
name on record cabinet  
QUESTION: What is it worth and I am willing to part with it. It has been in my family since the end of 1800s.

ANSWER: use the followup function and post in focus picture of the label and open right hand side please.

QUESTION: Let me know if this picture is good enough to see. My cabinet is also full of records from 1900 to about 1945.

good enough to see but forgot the right side opened

first of all, this is not from the end of 1880s.  sorry to say but please remember that family recollections are the least reliable of all clues.  

the earliest would be late 1920s but this has all the attributes of 1940-45.  Doesn't matter as to the value.  The value here is in the records if, and only if they are in near pristine condition.  Teh cabinet empty would sell at 150-200 tops.  The records would depend on what they are and condition.

do you research on the records, I cannot help on that as I am a furniture guy.  If records are pristine keep in mind that jukebox collectors are constantly searching for records of the period to match the boxes!!

thanks, hope this is helpful.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971