Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Round table with glass serving tray

This table was my grandmothers and it is now mine after her death. On the bottom of the table are 4 numbers stamped 3454. Written are also the numbers 3454
Just wanted to know when the table was made and some history on it.

Albert - Your table is a cocktail table made of walnut. The serving tray became very popular addition in 1933 with the end of Prohibition. The numbers are factory numbers that indicate style and finish. The table would sell at auction in the $100 range.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida