Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Russel Furniture Company Chifferobe

Russel Furniture Chifferobe 1
Russel Furniture Chiff  

Russel Furniture Chifferobe 2
Russel Furniture Chiff  
This chifferobe has been with our family since the late 60s and I'd like to get an idea of its value so I can decide if I should keep, sell, or donate it.
The label on the back reads Russel Furn Co, 115 Collinsville Ave, East St. Louis, IL. It measures approximately 40"W x 22"D x 63"H and has all original hardware.

Thank you in advance for any information your may be able to provide.

1920s piece, russell was not a manufacturer but was a retailer.  without a label showing the manufacturer we will never know who that was.

condition is ok but hurts the selling price.  if in better condition it would sell at 425-450 in a store but as it sits about 175-200.

veneers are probably walnut on the exterior but the inside back left side is mahogany

hope this is helpful..

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971