Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Taybro Curio with desk and drawers

Taybro ID
Taybro ID  

Front view without desk opened
Front view without des  
Dear Fred:  I've tried to research information on Taybro Furniture Company and haven't been successful. I've had this piece for about 25 years and bought it in an antique store in Georgia. I'm interested in selling it and was wondering about its value. It is in need of refinishing.  Thank you very much!

Vanessa - I could not read the label - too blurry. I am certain this is an English made piece. The form itself, the bun feet and the carvings are all indicative of English work from the 1930s. It would sell at auction in the $100-$200 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida