Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Taybro Curio with desk and drawers

Question
Taybro ID
Taybro ID  

Front view without desk opened
Front view without des  
Dear Fred:  I've tried to research information on Taybro Furniture Company and haven't been successful. I've had this piece for about 25 years and bought it in an antique store in Georgia. I'm interested in selling it and was wondering about its value. It is in need of refinishing.  Thank you very much!

Answer
Vanessa - I could not read the label - too blurry. I am certain this is an English made piece. The form itself, the bun feet and the carvings are all indicative of English work from the 1930s. It would sell at auction in the $100-$200 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor