Collectibles-General (Antiques)/White Furniture Company

Question
front of dresser
front of dresser  
back of dresser
back of dresser  
QUESTION: Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I have a white furniture company dresser and two nights stands. They are over 89+ yrs old. The back of the dresser says White Furniture Co Lot No 5306 Lot 379 Old Bisque. I was hoping you could let me know what you believe the value would be (at least of the dresser). I would be happy to send you more pictures. Thank you, Cindy

ANSWER: hi,

on what do you base the age of this dresser??
Please use the followup function to post picture of stands.

thanks

Nightstand
Nightstand  

Nightstand2
Nightstand2  
QUESTION: Hi Robert, To answer your question I base the age on what my 89 yr old mother in law is telling me. She said they were her mothers and that her mother had them when she was a child possibly even before she was born. Please see the additional photo of the night stands. The back of the night stands say White furniture Co  5300 Lot 381. I would love your expert opinion on what the dresser and night stands may be worth. I too am in Florida by the way.

Answer
Thanks for the clarification on how the date was determined.   I wasn't trying to dispute but we know that most often family stories and recollections are generally the least accurate way to date furniture.   What I see did not fit with what the furniture was telling me.

The company operated from 1881 to 1993. Although these pieces go together they are not the same 'set'.  This is not uncommon and they are of the same style, normally called French Provincial.  The dresser is on a higher design scale that the stands as you can see just looking and the curvature of the fronts.

These were manufactured in the post WW2 period, dating in the 1950-60s at the earliest. Thing is that the age, whether it is 90 years old or 60 years old wont affect the value.  What affects the value on this will be condition and style, condition being the more important.

If you were to find these pieces in a good resale store or a good antique mall they would be priced at 300 each for the stands and 500 for the dresser.

You might find this interesting:
http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/nr/AM0466.pdf

thanks, hope this helps  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein