Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Crocker Chair Company Rocker

Question
I have come acrossed an old rocking chair in my grandma's barn. She has since passed and no one knows it's history. The chair has the Crocker Chair Co. Sticker on the bottom.  I will send pictures the email address provided in instructions. I'm trying to figure out the year it was made and possible the "style" of the chair.
Thanks!

Answer
Apry - Thanks for the photos. Crocker Chair Co was formed in Sheboygan in 1865 but burned to the ground in 1875. It reopened in 1880 and closed for good in 1932.

Your chair is made of oak and is Arts & Crafts/Mission style. It was made around 1910. The iron rods under the arms with the square nuts under the seat are typical of the period.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

www.furnituredetective.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor