Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Johnson-Handley-Johnson Company End Table

J-H-J, Co End Table
J-H-J, Co End Table  

Hello Mr. Taylor,

I own a J-H-J, Co end table (attached). The hand-written numbers on the underside are 3301. Wondering what year and value. This piece has been in my family for years and years. Must be a 1940s piece, I'll bet. I remember it as a child and I'm now 65!  Thanks so much for your consideration, knowledge and help. Take care.

Richard - Based on the HJH logo your table was made in the late 1940s to early 1950s. HJH material, while generally well made, is not considered collectible. Your table would sell at auction in the $50-$100 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida