Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert Russell Barnes

SubjectDate Asked
Type of Cigar Store Indian3/19/2017
  Q: Is there is a way to tell the maker of the piece? Also are these statues made to represent a ...
  A: I have already answered this question, why do you think if you ask the same question every day you ...
Type of Cigar Store Indian3/19/2017
  A: I do not know if the modern (20th century or newer) Cigar Store Indians have a makers mark or other ...
Cigar store indian9/29/2016
  Q: Long time no talk. I'm first in line to buy this indian from the family of the deceased owner. He ...
  A: I do not believe this Indian was from the shop of Samuel Robb, even though it does hold a Rose. The ...
Age Test for Wooden Indians10/15/2013
  Q: Mr. Barnes, how do you determine or verify the age of the carved Indian without excessive lab fees? ...
  A: I do not know any "cheap" way to lab test one to determine the age of a Cigar Store Indian. In my ...
Cigar store Indian1/7/2013
  Q: I am interested to know what my cigar stoe Indian is worth. I know my dad purchased it over 35 ...
  A: We are not really supposed to answer value questions on this site, and I honestly do not know that ...
20th century cigar store indian9/27/2012
  Q: I purchased this at an antique store in Holland Michigan. It is painted in rather bright colors and ...
  A: As I come from a background of preserving and restoring things rather than altering them, I would ...
Cigar Store Indian9/4/2012
  Q: We acquired a wooden cigar store indian recently and are interested in any information we can get on ...
  A: Your Indian is a 20th century reproduction based on a very well known 19th century Cigar Store ...
Wooden Indian1/22/2012
  Q: Mr. Barnes, I recently acquired a wooden cigar store Indian. I tried to attach photo's but to no ...
  A: Unfortunately, the Indians standing on a drum are "usually" made after 1950 and certainly a 20th ...
Table Value12/17/2011
  Q: I have a 30" round mahogany leather top table made by weiman table #691-C100 can you tell me the ...
  A: I frequently get questions from people like yourself and am simply fascinated why you would think a ...
Cigar Store Indian11/12/2011
  Q: I have a cigar store indian that I purchased locally here in Monterey, California. I'm interested in ...
  A: Peter, Thank you for including a picture! Your Indian is done in a style attributed to the 20th ...
cigarette butler?2/14/2010
  Q: Barnes, Can you help me identify the figure in the attached picture? I think she has been badly ...
  A: Emily, My initial reaction is that this is not a cigar store figure, but another type of carved ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Russell Barnes

Top Expert on this page