Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert Jack Freund

SubjectDate Asked
Gum ball machine identification11/4/2016
  Q: Wanted to know what this is and can I get parts, especially the glass.
  A: You have a MULTI-VENDER, manufactured by Coast Vending in about 1957 to the early 1960's. The ...
Oak acorn California gumball machine10/10/2016
  Q: I would like to know how to identify age on my machine. It has a stamped serial number on the back ...
  A: I am not aware of any way to tell the age of an Oak machine. The company was founded in 1946 or 1947 ...
Gum ball machine I.D.8/29/2016
  Q: Mr. Freund, I'm attaching a couple of pictures of a gum ball light conversion i've had for 25 years. ...
  A: Your machine was made by the Regal Products Co. in the 1940's. Having repainted it does not do as ...
Taking paint off 1900 cast iron7/8/2016
  Q: I have a 1895-1904 E.H. Stafford school desk with cast iron legs that were painted over. I like the ...
  A: I believe it boils down to what look you like. If it has been painted years ago, then you can never ...
gumball globe3/12/2016
  Q: Found this globe in a garage cleanout and was hoping you might help with identifying it. I found no ...
  A: I can not get thr photos to enlarge, but I do not think that you have a vending machine globe. I ...
Gum ball Machine10/11/2015
  Q: I purchased a gum ball machine about 15 years ago. It is an Acorn. Do you know what year it is from ...
  A: Oak Mfg Co began production in 1947. Early machines had an Oak Acorn embossed in the glass globe. ...
Unknown Gumball Machine7/14/2015
  Q: Jack, My parents have started giving me all of my old childhood toys back, and one is a gumball ...
  A: Your machine is made by Carousel Industries. It was introduced to the market about 30 years ago. ...
Opening a 1930's Mills gum machine.6/23/2015
  Q: I have a 1930's Mills stainless steel gum dispenser. These were found in suways railway stations ...
  A: Mills used keys exclusively for Mills machines only. They were cut in a center groove, making them ...
Identify Gum Ball Machine6/20/2015
  Q: I purchased this gum ball machine about 40 years ago. At that time I was told that this gum ball ...
  A: Your machine was made by the Vendex Company in approximately 1935.It is a Vendex Model 520 that a ...
Worth and date of this item5/21/2015
  Q: This piece was purchased years ago. It was made by Bryan's Works, Kegworth Derby, Engalnd We ...
  A: Foreign games are not a favorite of collectors, however they have gained some followers in recent ...
gumball machine5/9/2015
  Q: I've inherited this antique gumball machine from my dad who has had it for many years. It seems to ...
  A: Sorry this answer has taken so long. I just returned from a two week vacation. Your machine is ...
carousel bubble gum machine made in 19851/25/2015
  Q: I was wondering how much its worth. Is someone is trying to sell it and I was wanting to buy it but ...
  A: Carousel machines have been made for over 30 years and are still being manufactured today. There is ...
Carousel gumball machine bank1/21/2015
  Q: I have a Carousel gumball bank still in the box and holder and im wondering if it is worth anything. ...
  A: Your Carousel machine is one of thousands of Carousels. The company is active today and has been ...
Acorn 1-cent gumball machine11/29/2014
  Q: I recently purchased an Acorn 1-cent gumball machine. I was wondering if the date on the sticker of ...
  A: I don't know of any way to pinpoint the date of manufacture. Oak Manufacturing Co began operations ...
Gumball Machine Identification10/30/2014
  Q: I came across what seems to be a vintage penny gumball machine, but after searching online, I have ...
  A: You have a circa 1972 Davis Sales Co machine. Davis Sales Co. was sold to Penny Arcade of Beverly ...
Machine7/7/2014
  Q: Do you know what type of machine this is?
  A: This machine probably vended items that were in a box. When the slide was pushed in, it probably ...
Goodies gumball machine7/4/2014
  Q: it is painted case aluminum and the top is hard plastic instead of glass for the container part and ...
  A: I do not know who the manufacturer is. The machines were made after World War 11, more likely in the ...
Toledo Public Health scale1/10/2014
  Q: I have this Toledo Public Health scale and i was just wondering when it was manufactured. the model ...
  A: I don't have much knowledge of scales but can recommend this person who can probably help you. His ...
gumball machine10/2/2013
  Q: but before i do that i would like to identify it and make sure i can get a new lock that wont look ...
  A: I'm afraid I can't be of much help to you. Your machine does not appear to be a machine manufactured ...
Cigar Store Indian7/15/2013
  Q: This Cigar Store Indian was part of a collection of a relative who left no will. I would like to ...
  A: There have been many cigar store Indians created in the last 40 years. It is very hard to tell if ...
Porcelain Zeno gum machine6/25/2013
  Q: can you or one of the readers render any help on where I might purchase an Excellent Porcelain gum ...
  A: I do not know of anyone who might have a really nice yellow porcelain Zeno. There are usually a ...
Acorn Gumball Machine1/9/2013
  Q: I was reading some posts and came across yours regarding Vintage Gumball Machines. We have owned ...
  A: I'm Jack. Your machine looks to be in good condition. Oak (Acorn) machines were made in large ...
Acorn Gumball Machine12/13/2012
  Q: I have an Acorn Gumball Machine with a number on the back of the body, E19185. What can you tell me ...
  A: The Acorn gumball machine was manufactured by the Oak Mfg Co. which began operations in 1947. Some ...
Machine purchase?12/5/2012
  Q: I have been reading some of your responses here and am quite impressed. My question is this: There ...
  A: The 5 machines are probably worth the $100.00 price. None of the machines have much appeal to ...
Oak Acorn Goldmine Tab Machine12/1/2012
  Q: I have been looking for information on an Oak Acorn 1c Goldmine Tab Machine and have not been able ...
  A: These machines are very easy to service. There are no diagrams available that I know of but the ...
1985 carousel gumball machine9/18/2012
  Q: I have 1985 carousel 15in with 23in metal base.. top is red and glass.. made by ford gum and machine ...
  A: Carousel machines are still being manufactured today and can be purchased for $25 to $40. A used ...
vintage coin operated game8/24/2012
  Q: I have found what appears to be a 1940 H.C.Evans ski ball machine in a run down store. I have no ...
  A: I have a general knowledge of arcade type games but am not an expert. That said, something that is ...
1 cent Gumball Machine7/22/2012
  Q: Attached is a picture of a 1 cent gumball machine that we can't find any information on. It's heavy, ...
  A: You have a "Super Vendor", manufactured by the R.D. Simpson Co. in the late 1920's and into the ...
Gumball Machine Identification7/10/2012
  Q: I hope you can help. I recently bought this gumball machine and after researching for countless ...
  A: You have an Oak Acorn with the large 9 lb. globe. Oak Mfg Co began making vending machines in about ...
Acorn gumball machine5/19/2012
  Q: Where can I find information on my Oak Acorn penny gumball machine? It has been in the family for at ...
  A: Oak Manufacturing Co was a California company which began manufacturing vending machines in 1947. ...
purity gum co. gumball machine4/27/2012
  Q: i have a aluminum purity gum co. gumball machine. its 6 balls for 3 cents. im just curious about it ...
  A: I will need a photo of the machine to identify it. Purity Gum Company did not manufacture the ...
antique gumball machine2/26/2012
  Q: I have an antique gum ball machine and am wondering if it has any monetary value.There is a sticker ...
  A: Your machine was indeed manufactured by the Oak Mfg Co. The company was founded in 1947 and was ...
Old Gumball machine, no information!2/11/2012
  Q: I've had this gumball machine for as long as I can remember. All i know is that it is very heavy and ...
  A: Your gumball machine was manufactured by the Oak Mfg. Co. Oak began production of machines in 1947. ...
Mystery Gumball Machine1/9/2012
  Q: I am a volunteer at the Pat Brody Shelter for Cats. Recently, someone donated a gumball machine to ...
  A: Yes, you do have a Northwestern machine. Northwestern Corp., Morris IL., began manufacturing vending ...
Cigar store indian12/5/2011
  Q: Can tell me what this cigar store indian is worth ?
  A: The only cigar store Indians that have value were carved from the 1890's until about 1930. If you ...
Mystery gumball machine10/2/2011
  Q: I have searched and searched and have had no luck whatsoever finding any info about this machine. ...
  A: Your machine was probably made by Northwestern Corp., Morris IL in the 1960's or 1970's. The coin ...
1936 American Products Company Penny Machine9/19/2011
  Q: Jack have you ever seen this EXACT one of these before?? 1936 American Products Company Penny ...
  A: No, I have never seen this machine before. American Products Company was a legitimate company. They ...
10 cent gum ball machine9/9/2011
  Q: I'm 15 and bought a gumball machine for $15. It is from Northwestern and it uses dimes. coin mec. ...
  A: It is hard to answer your questions without a photo of your machine. I'm guessing the glass globe is ...
Antique 5 Column Gumball Machine4/4/2011
  Q: I have a 5 column gumball machine that seems to be in pretty nice shape. I cant find a manufacturers ...
  A: Your machine was manufactured in the 1950's by a company named Andrews and Company. It was called ...
gumball machine3/12/2011
  Q: I have a northwestern 10 cent machine with no key and looks like all the spring mechanism is rusted ...
  A: I suggest contacting Dan Davids in Manhattan Beach CA. His phone number is 310-376-1310. I do not ...
Old Iron Machine/Equipment?3/8/2011
  Q: I hope you can help. We have acquired a piece of old, heavy cast iron, what I believe may have been ...
  A: This is not my area of knowledge but it may be an ice shaver. It looks like a block of ice would be ...
woodbine cigarette machine10/16/2010
  Q: I own a wild woodbine cigarette machine and was looking to sell it so am trying to find a value for ...
  A: Your Wild Woodbine machine originates from England. There are at least two different versions of ...
Keys9/12/2010
  Q: any ideas as to where i can find try to find keys for a mills automatic gum machine. any leads ...
  A: Mills Gum machines used Mills own keys exclusively. These keys have the cuts in the center of the ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund

Top Expert on this page