Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert Marvin D. Miller

SubjectDate Asked
Moritz madler,Leipzig- Lindenay antique trunk3/22/2017
  Q: My boyfriend found this antique trunk at the curb. Let me just say, love this site. It has a label ...
  A: Sandie, It sounds like a nice find even if someone did paint it. I've had a couple Madler trunks ...
Antique trunk found in dad's attic3/21/2017
  Q: The only info I have about this trunk is on the lock: Eagle Lock Co. Terryville, CT, pat'd in 1892, ...
  A: Sue, I've studied the trunk and lock patents and know a fair amount about the shipping and trade of ...
Trying to identify 1879 Trunk origin3/4/2017
  Q: I hope you are doing good, I was given this old trunk by a ladie I help moving out of her home, ...
  A: This trunk is a style that was originally called a barrel stave top trunk with embossed (or ...
Antique Barrell Trunk (painted with rust)2/24/2017
  Q: Fairly rough looking and some rusted out sheet metal but intact. Anything you can tell me about it? ...
  A: The trunk you found is a barrel top cross slat style trunk with metal covering, made probably ...
Military bridge model kit2/13/2017
  Q: I'm not sure this qualifies as a trunk, but curious if you can tell me anything (value, history, ...
  A: Brent, That's a very interesting item. I would call the case a chest, specially made for the ...
Shwayder Trunk2/11/2017
  Q: I am receiving a family metal/flat top Shwayder Trunk- Age unknown- missing key- does have leather ...
  A: Kathy, Since the Shwayder trunk company was started in 1910 and made many types of trunks over a ...
Cedar chest2/5/2017
  Q: Trying to figure out who the manufacturer is of this chest. Need replacement parts as well as I ...
  A: Shannon, I'm sorry I can't help identify the maker of your cedar chest. There were quite a few ...
Steamer Trunk1/13/2017
  Q: I have an old hump top steamer trunk with no markings that I can see. It has wooden slats that run ...
  A: I can help some with information about your trunk but not the framed prints. The trunk is an ...
Flat top trunk1/3/2017
  Q: Mr Miller, I recently received a trunk as a gift. I can't find any that resemble it. Could you give ...
  A: Yes, I can give you information about your trunk but you may find it hard to believe. Many people ...
Roos cedar chest12/31/2016
  Q: We were just given a good cedar chest with lot number 196483 and piece number 91. How much is this ...
  A: Sandi, The Ed Roos Company made many styles of cedar chests at Forest Park, IL (the Forest Park ...
Dome top steamer trunk.12/18/2016
  Q: I purchased an antique steamer trunk several years ago and have been curious about it since then. ...
  A: Melissa, This style trunk was usually called a cross slatted barrel top, or sometimes round top ...
Requesting information about a trunk12/8/2016
  Q: I just recently purchased this trunk for $50 and I don't really know much about it. I can't find any ...
  A: John, Many of these antique trunks do not have any label or markings on them, especially if made ...
Old Trunk11/24/2016
  Q: I have attached pictures of a trunk that has been in my wife's family for many years but we are ...
  A: Frank, This is one of those items that is extremely hard to determine the approximate age from ...
identifying trunks11/14/2016
  Q: can you help pls
  A: Those are two nice antique trunks you've been given. While neither of them are rare or extremely ...
Wood trunk11/12/2016
  Q: What can you tell me about this piece?
  A: Ashley, This is a type of cedar chest for clothes and blanket storage and not a travel trunk. It ...
Duluth trunk11/8/2016
  Q: I have a blue trunk that has the Duluth trunk factory on it. It has metal snaps on the front one is ...
  A: Shawn, The trunk is a style made from the late 1890's to the 1920's and that's based on the trunk ...
P&S trunk11/5/2016
  Q: Marvin, we picked this up a few weeks ago at an antique shop. What I do know is it's a P&S and the ...
  A: That's a nice P&S trunk you have. I've looked through their 1913 Parkhurst trunk catalog and the ...
Corbin lock number11/3/2016
  Q: Good to have made contact with you. I have a handsome camphor wood military style chest that has a ...
  A: Ross, Yes, that's a very nice looking camphor chest. I can help with the key and probably with ...
1897 Seward # 10 Canvas Covered Trunk10/28/2016
  Q: Need to find pics and any available information on a 28" X 30" Seward # 10 Canvas Covered Trunk ...
  A: Mark, As you may have found based on your research, it is very hard to find any early information ...
Antique Trunk10/22/2016
  Q: Just curious about any info you might have on this trunk. Have not seen many that open from the ...
  A: Ryan, This style trunk was most often called a dresser trunk or bureau trunk by the manufacturers. ...
Antique trunk10/9/2016
  Q: I recently purchased a trunk off craigslist for $40. I guess I am curious about the value, age and ...
  A: April, This is a barrel stave top trunk of the mid 1880's to about 1900. Many American trunk ...
1914 Headley & Farmer Co Trunk10/8/2016
  Q: I recently purchased a trunk at a flea market, and am trying to find out some more information on ...
  A: Shawna, Headley & Farmer was one of several trunk companies that made a variety of trunks for the ...
trunk with color stickers and monogram10/2/2016
  Q: I acquired this old trunk from a guy in Newark, Delaware who posted it for sale on Craigslist. He ...
  A: Sarah, It was a common practice for people to have their initials and hometown painted on the side ...
Duluth Trunk9/9/2016
  Q: we bought this Duluth truck a few years back. my small son has used it for hide and seek one too ...
  A: Jamie, The trunk is a popular style of the early 1900's made by many American trunk companies. It's ...
military trunk9/6/2016
  Q: my trunk is by James Topham it has written on the top From Quartermaster to Monterey Cal. and to Ft ...
  A: Diane, The James Topham trunk company of Washington D.C. made several styles of trunks for the ...
James S. Topham trunk8/31/2016
  Q: Klein, I found this foot locker at an estate sale this weekend. I have gently cleaned and waxed it. ...
  A: James Topham made many types of travel trunks but this is not a travel trunk and was probably made ...
Abraham & Straus Trunk - mfrg date / worth?8/1/2016
  Q: I purchased this trunk at an estate sale and I was wondering about its history and worth. I wasn't ...
  A: Based on my extensive research on trunks and trunk makers, I have found no evidence that Abraham & ...
Dependable Trunk from Newark Trunk Co.7/4/2016
  Q: I read a post on your page from a woman who bought a Dependable Trunk from Newark Trunk Co. (NJ)at a ...
  A: Sharon, There were several large trunk companies in Newark, NJ which made this style trunk. This ...
Large all metal flat top trunk - circa 1880??7/4/2016
  Q: I just inherited an all metal (or tin?) flat top trunk -- I was told my great grandfather brought ...
  A: Marlene, This style trunk was made in America by several large trunk companies and several were ...
Sara2lm7ltoga Trunk7/2/2016
  Q: I was gifted with what I believe to be a rare half-size slightly round top trunk in 1980. Oddly ...
  A: It's a nice looking half trunk and is probably from the 1880's to mid 1890's in age. There were ...
Antique trunk info6/23/2016
  Q: I have a barrel top antique trunk I am looking to assess its age / manufacture. The only print I ...
  A: Sean, You are correct that this type trunk was called a "barrel top" and sometimes a "cross slat ...
Wash. Military Cyclists Leather Pouch6/21/2016
  Q: My Grandmother has a 1890's leather pouch that was used by a Washington Military Cyclist on his ...
  A: Beth, That's a very interesting item and it does appear to be from the 1890's to early 1900's. The ...
Age, Manufacturer, etc.?6/15/2016
  Q: This trunk has been in my family for many decades. I think it's what would be considered a flat-top ...
  A: Shane, Yes, I can tell you several things about this trunk, but unfortunately they are going to ...
Headley & Farmer Trunk6/14/2016
  Q: I own many years this trunk travel in very good conditions of Headley & Farmen . I would if it were ...
  A: Your Headley & Farmer trunk appears to be what was called a wardrobe trunk and has canvas covering ...
Could you guess a rough age?6/12/2016
  Q: This is a trunk that I got from my brother. Initially, in had been painted and I started to strip ...
  A: Mickie, It looks like a good job of removing the paint and old canvas covering. This style trunk ...
Cleaning Newark Trunk Co trunk6/6/2016
  Q: Miller! Have ALWAYS wanted an old steamer, and while shopping for my birthday present (May ...
  A: I'm glad you found an old trunk that you like. Trunks are great to use in so many ways and there is ...
Immigrant Trunk5/9/2016
  Q: I have attached a couple of pictures of a trunk that I acquired from an estate. I was wondering if ...
  A: Beth, This is what is usually called an immigrant chest, most likely made in northern Europe from ...
Trunk5/1/2016
  Q: My husband recently came across this old trunk. It was found in an old cabin. The only marking we ...
  A: Katherine, This trunk is a popular style of the late 1890's to about 1920. Since these were made ...
Bristol trunk4/29/2016
  Q: Good evening Mr. Miller I am writing in question of a BRistol trunk that I have bought and ...
  A: Ann, The alligator pattern embossed metal was designed and patented in 1885 and then used by many ...
Antique Trunk4/24/2016
  Q: Well Mr. Miller I am hoping you can help shed some light on this old trunk of mine. I am having the ...
  A: Will, This type trunk was called a "cross slat" round top, or barrel top trunk with embossed (or ...
Parkhurst & Son trunk4/8/2016
  Q: I acquired a P&S trunk and have done some research on it, I discovered it was made only about an ...
  A: Abby, That's great that you found a nice Parkhurst trunk from your area. It sounds like you've ...
Paxrite Wardrobe Trunk4/5/2016
  Q: I found this wardrobe trunk at Goodwill and it just called my name! It appears that someone painted ...
  A: Nicole, The Osterweil Bros. trunk company was one of about eight trunk companies in Newark in the ...
Old Trunk4/1/2016
  Q: I got this trunk from an older lady who said it was her Fathers. I was thinking about making a ...
  A: Keshia, Your trunk is a flat top canvas covered trunk of the early 1900's, a style made by many ...
steamer trunk3/4/2016
  Q: Such as who made it when and if it has any value. Thank you
  A: Luis, Your trunk is a style that many American and some Canadian trunk companies made from the late ...
Klein Bros Knickerbocker cedar chest on top of drawers2/17/2016
  Q: I have a Klien Bros piece of furniture. It has a cedar chest on top of two drawers. There is a ...
  A: Paula, That is an interesting cedar chest of drawers and I haven't seen one just like it either. ...
Old Chest2/14/2016
  Q: My husband surprised me with an old chest bought in an antique shop. It is an amazing trunk. But my ...
  A: Shannon, That trunk is an American made trunk from around 1920 to the late 1930's based on the ...
Trunk Inquiry2/12/2016
  Q: I recently started to prep this very large trunk for a project and discovered an interesting "36/89" ...
  A: I've seen many similar markings inside or sometimes on the bottom or exterior (under the canvas or ...
Inherited Drucker trunk2/9/2016
  Q: My grandparents both passed away and nobody wanted this old trunk. I have done some research but ...
  A: Kevin, I'm glad someone saved the trunk for future generations. Drucker made many types of trunks ...
Trunk2/3/2016
  Q: I was mainly wondering how old my trunk is but if could tell me anything else about it that would be ...
  A: Eddie, This is an American made trunk from the 1860 to early 1870's period. Some of these were ...
Antique trunk2/1/2016
  Q: I recently purchased an antique trunk and would like to learn more about it. The seller said it is ...
  A: Heather, It is an interesting antique chest you have. But I doubt very much that it was made for ...
antique trunk1/7/2016
  Q: I have a suitcase from stewart trunk and bag co. I was just wondering if you may be able to tell me ...
  A: Jordan, I think your suitcase is probably from the Seward Trunk and Bag company of Petersburg, VA. ...
Antique family trunk1/7/2016
  Q: I have inherited 6 family trunks and am beginning to restore the one in the picture. I have several ...
  A: Virginia, Your trunk is a true "steamer" model trunk and many American trunk companies made this ...
trunk12/28/2015
  Q: I was wondering what you can tell me about this trunk. The inside says it has "Truesdale" hinges ...
  A: Ann, The J. Truesdale & Son Trunk Company was incorporated in 1894 in Manchester, NH. John ...
antique Trunk12/17/2015
  Q: I bought this trunk for $20 and spent about 1 month sanding the rust off. I also had to replace the ...
  A: Barby, You got a very good deal on the trunk. Many of these trunks are unmarked except for patent ...
antique trunk12/14/2015
  Q: We have a trunk, 36"length by 17.5 wide by 16" depth. Eagle lock co, terryville, conn with number ...
  A: Warren, The hardware and lock are from an old trunk from the early 1900's based on the style and ...
Headley & Farmer trunk12/13/2015
  Q: I PURCHASED THIS HEADLY & FARMER TRUNK AND I WANTED TO KNOW IT'S VALUE IF ANY. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP. ...
  A: I am not able to enlarge your picture of the trunk so I will need to see a few larger pictures ...
Royalrobe12/5/2015
  Q: We had a customer drop this trunk off for our online auction. I am worried that it is worth more ...
  A: I just received the notice of your question, so sorry this is late. This is a wardrobe trunk made by ...
identify a trunk10/28/2015
  Q: Recently purchased this trunk and was not able to find any identification on it. I know the lock is ...
  A: Adam, The trunk is a style made mostly from the 1920's to 30's and appears to be a vulcanized fiber ...
Haskell Bros Bag10/28/2015
  Q: I have a Haskell Bros bag that looks like a medical bag. Did they make such bags and do they have ...
  A: Bill, Yes, most trunk companies did make a variety of bags. In fact many of the company names were ...
Reclining Trunk10/5/2015
  Q: I purchased a trunk that has a metal plate that has N Drucker Cincinnati and Reclining. It still has ...
  A: Marlyn, The Nathan Drucker trunk company of Cincinnati was in business for many years and made ...
Arab chest10/3/2015
  Q: I have what is thought to be a 18th century Arab wedding chest. It is of considerable size. 53 ...
  A: Anka, That is a very unique and unusual chest and I'm sure it is quite old. Over the last 40 years ...
Leather Trimmed Steamer Trunk9/29/2015
  Q: I thoroughly respect and enjoy the expertise you share concerning trunks. Thank you for your ...
  A: Gene, Thanks for your comments. First, that is a true "steamer" trunk, which is the style made up ...
Trunk9/15/2015
  Q: A couple months ago you had answered my question regarding this old trunk I purchased. I was ...
  A: Carol, Since the trunk has some damage and may be somewhat fragile, you would need to treat it ...
Taylor Trunk refinish?9/15/2015
  Q: Miller, I just became the owner of a 1908 Taylor Trunk. My boss's mother had it for sale at her ...
  A: The pictures of your trunk did not come with your question so you might try sending them again. The ...
Duluth trunk9/13/2015
  Q: ..just purchased a trunk from a garage sale For $15. Just inquiring about the value and how old it ...
  A: Maria. Trunks of that type with that style hardware were made from the late 1890's until the 1920's ...
"Neverbreak"9/3/2015
  Q: I have a trunk full of stickers that I have protected as best as can documenting this trunks travels ...
  A: James, That's great that you've preserved the trunk with its original stickers. This Neverbreak ...
Camelback trunk.8/27/2015
  Q: Im looking for information on this trunk. Im not worried about value (I bought it for 6.00) Im just ...
  A: Jason, You got a great buy on your antique trunk. This style was called a "cross slatted round top ...
Old family trunk8/19/2015
  Q: I have this old trunk that has been in the family for an estimated hundred years. I was wondering if ...
  A: Freddie, Your trunk was almost certainly made in the United States and sometime between about 1920 ...
What can you tell me about this trunk?8/17/2015
  Q: This trunk came from my great grandfather's. My grandmother was seeking info about it. There is no ...
  A: Sarah, Your trunk is a style that was very popular from about 1890 to the 1910's and most trunk ...
Pa Dutch blanket chest8/13/2015
  Q: Recently purchased this. I have been researching a bit. This chest is rather rough. Artwork is ...
  A: Karen, It looks like a very interesting old chest, however it is very difficult to evaluate an ...
Henrie Runcie & Company Trunk8/9/2015
  Q: I was hoping if you can kindly help me with some information regarding my H.R & co trunk. I ...
  A: Anna, The company was originally established in 1838 as the S. Henry Runcie Trunk company and ...
Great grandfathers trunk8/9/2015
  Q: I was told that my Great Grandfather brought this over from Germany when he was about 14 years old. ...
  A: Darren, This is an American made trunk of a style made from about 1885 to as late as about 1915 by ...
Trunk8/5/2015
  Q: We just bought this trunk at auction and would love more information about it. Many thanks ...
  A: Samantha, Your trunk is a style that was very popular from the 1890's through the 1920's and made ...
Old steamer trunks found8/2/2015
  Q: I was wondering if someone found Identify 3 steamer trunks I found in my mom attic. I took pics and ...
  A: Cathy, You can actually attach two pictures to each question here, or you can email your pictures ...
Steamer trunk8/1/2015
  Q: I was wondering if you can help me with some info on this steamer trunk that was given to me. The ...
  A: Ryan, It's true that a magnet will not stick to solid brass, but it does to brass plated steel. ...
old red Throttle Jockeys trunk8/1/2015
  Q: this old trunk has not been restored. about how much is it worth, should it be restored, how much? ...
  A: Tom, The trunk is a common style from the 1890s to about 1920 time period and they were made by ...
Info about old wooden trunk/chest8/1/2015
  Q: I just bought a great wooden trunk/chest an would like some information about it if you can help. ...
  A: Randy, I would call this a chest rather than a trunk because trunks were generally used for travel ...
Old Stage Coach Trunk7/14/2015
  Q: Over the weekend, I purchased at an auction at Pinnacle Peak Patio in Scottsdale, AZ this old ...
  A: Carol, This trunk is a type that was made to be very light weight and is almost always made of ...
haskel bros trunk7/11/2015
  Q: I know Haskel Bros Manufacturing made trunks roughly between 1880-1920 but no matter how much ...
  A: Zachariah, You have experienced the same difficulty and frustration that I have many times trunk ...
Innovation trunk7/9/2015
  Q: I would like to know when this trunk was made. Also what it is made of. It would also be useful to ...
  A: Suzy, Yes, your Innovation trunk is a hat trunk and the size is typical of the ladies hat trunks ...
Old Uncle's Trunk?7/4/2015
  Q: Trying to figure out what this is. Cannot find anything similar on EBay. Is it a steamer trunk, A ...
  A: The reason that you are having a hard time finding information about your trunk or chest is because ...
Cedar chest/trunk6/13/2015
  Q: I have found a west branch cedar chest and am trying to determine its value. West branch is branded ...
  A: Michelle, The West Branch Novelty Co. of Milton, PA was founded in 1893, but they made this style ...
Indstructo trunk company5/22/2015
  Q: I have a teunk and i want to know the value of it...
  A: Jessica, These wardrobe trunks were made by many trunk companies in this style and other styles, ...
corbin doublehasp trunk lock4/28/2015
  Q: I bought a old trunk that has a corbin double hasp lock and i need a key to it. I found one ( not ...
  A: From my experience those Corbin double hasp locks do not all use the same key. There is often a key ...
My grandmother's cedar chest4/27/2015
  Q: Miller, I have inherited my Big Mama's cedar chest. 26" tall 50" wide 26" deep I don't know how ...
  A: Linda, I'm sorry for the delay, but I'm not able to get pictures on my phone. I don't have very ...
Saratoga trunk4/24/2015
  Q: I am a writer researching an 1874 murder that occurred in Braintree, MA. One of the items entered as ...
  A: John, I've been traveling for a couple days and just saw your question. Yes, I can help you with ...
Antique Trunk Question4/14/2015
  Q: I found this unique trunk and would like to get some additional information about it such as: ...
  A: Priscilla, Your trunk is a general purpose travel trunk of a style that was made from the 1930's to ...
Steamer Trunk4/12/2015
  Q: My wife and I recently purchased a steamer trunk but do not know anything about it. It has an Eagle ...
  A: Mike, That style short trunk is the true "steamer" trunk as the name was originally used for the ...
Information about Trunk4/7/2015
  Q: I would appreciate any information about the trunk in the photo. It is 26.75" high x 38" wide x 23" ...
  A: Marta, The trunk is a style called a bureau trunk or a dresser trunk, having the inner drawers and ...
Neverbreak Baby Hundred trunk4/3/2015
  Q: I have my stepfather's Neverbreaf Baby Hundred trunk. It's not in very good shape, but, it has a ...
  A: Kathy, As far as I know, there are no records available now to get any information from using the ...
Old steamer trunk3/26/2015
  Q: I just purchased this old trunk and I was trying to date it. It's 2 feet tall and 3 feet across and ...
  A: Ellie, The American trunk companies began making more of the "slatless" trunks such as this in the ...
Can not find any info on my antique steam trunk3/24/2015
  Q: I have been trying to find information about the maker but have had no luck. The lable is round red ...
  A: I have heard of Cutter & Cutter of Boston and have one of their trunk catalogs from 1914. They ...
chest information3/24/2015
  Q: So I inherited this old trunk and it appears to have hidden beauty but I have no idea what it was or ...
  A: Romeo, This style trunk was called a Cross Slat barrel top trunk and they were made by many ...
cylinderical trunk3/21/2015
  Q: i live in Scotland and bought this trunk thing from n indoor market. it seems to of had some ...
  A: To me this does not really look like an old item or what I would really call a trunk. I have seen ...
L.F. Miller Saratoga Chest3/16/2015
  Q: Miller, My mother in law gave me this chest, she recalled that it was her grandmother's chest. She ...
  A: From what I can see in the pictures, the trunk is in original condition and has not been changed. ...
restoration3/15/2015
  Q: I purchased an embossed rounded top trunk circa 1880-1920 (?). It needs cleaning because of the ...
  A: Karen, Most of the embossed metal trunks were painted when new and are usually found with the old ...
cutter and cutter cee curity trunk3/15/2015
  Q: I have an old trunk that I aquire and was looking for some more info of possible age and info about ...
  A: I have a little information about Cutter & Cutter, but I would really need to see a couple pictures ...
Trunks for Dummies.3/10/2015
  Q: I recently purchased this trunk for $50 and thought it was an awesome little piece of history and ...
  A: Courtney, You are correct that this was a canvas covered trunk and most likely lined with paper. ...
Old trunk3/4/2015
  Q: I am trying to find out any information I can. The trunk was built into her attic and was unable to ...
  A: Jennifer, This trunk is almost certainly an American made trunk, but a few were made in Europe ...
sea chest3/2/2015
  Q: I have old sea chest trying to find info about age and maker any info or history greatly appreciated
  A: Your chest is a "Cross Slat" barrel stave top travel trunk, made in the America sometime between ...
Rogers Wardrobe Trunk Key2/28/2015
  Q: In one of your other answers, you suggested that you occasionally sell keys for old trunks. I have ...
  A: Bill, Since there were several American lock companies which sold locks to the trunk makers, you ...
U.S Army Military Field Desk Trunk2/27/2015
  Q: I have an Army Field Desk Trunk which seems to have a bit of history attached to it. On the top of ...
  A: Andrew, That's quite an interesting story and it sounds like you have already been able to find a ...
inherited cross slat trunk2/21/2015
  Q: Marvin, I'm looking to find more information on the trunk I received, as family members are no help. ...
  A: Dianna, There were many American trunk companies that made the style trunk you describe. The cross ...
Two Additional Family Trunks2/16/2015
  Q: Marvin, I would appreciate your opinion on these two chests in my possession. The blanket chest is ...
  A: Julianne, Well, first I have to say that it's a challenge to give very much information based on ...
Identification of two heirloom trunks2/16/2015
  Q: Mr. Miller, I would greatly appreciate your expert opinion on my two trunks, photos attached. One ...
  A: Julianne, Your large trunk made by Henry Likly of Rochester, NY is a very good quality trunk and a ...
corbin cabinet lock co2/7/2015
  Q: i have a corbin cabinet lock with a code of 1075. would you please see if you have a key for this ...
  A: Frank, No I don't have that Corbin key. I would guess you need a flat key and not a barrel style ...
Father's trunk2/4/2015
  Q: When my father passed, I came into the possession of this old trunk. Believe he had it when he ...
  A: Mike, That's a nice little trunk that you have from your father. The paper covering on these ...
Moritz Madler of Leipzig Trunk2/3/2015
  Q: After looking at some of your other post I beleive this trunk might have been made by Moritz Madler ...
  A: Elizabeth, Yes, you are correct, that is a trunk from Moritz Madler of Leigpig, Germany. The label ...
Old steamer trunk2/3/2015
  Q: I found this trunk at a yardsale about 5 years ago, and have been holding on to it since. I had ...
  A: Nichol, That is a true "steamer trunk" from about 1900 to 1915, give or take a few years. Taller ...
Cross Slat Monitor Trunk2/1/2015
  Q: The attached photos are of a trunk which was my Great Grandmothers. She moved further south from ...
  A: Lissa, That's great that you have your great grandmother's trunk. This style was introduced ...
Trunks12/27/2014
  Q: I cannot find any markings of any kind to identify this trunk. I believe it is made of copper on the ...
  A: Dana, This would not really be classified as a trunk, but is more of a decorative chest or box with ...
Old Trunk12/3/2014
  Q: Miller, I have had an old trunk for years and not knowing ananything about it for years until I ...
  A: Sherry, This is a bit of a mystery because I don't remember ever seeing an Eagle lock with the ...
Metal storage bin12/2/2014
  Q: This is a black metal large bi with gold painting on it. It has a 90 degree angle shape at back ...
  A: I'm not an expert on this type of metal bin, but I will see if I can help any or give you some ...
who made it11/24/2014
  Q: Im trying to get any info I can on this old guy. No identifying marks. Please help.
  A: James, Most people are surprised to hear this, but there were hundreds of trunk companies in the US ...
Age of trunk11/23/2014
  Q: My husband and I recently purchased this trunk from a woman who bought it at a yard sale. I have no ...
  A: Nicole, While I don't have any specific history information on the Rivere maker, I can tell you ...
Farley & Loetscher cedar chest/trunk11/17/2014
  Q: I have been using this chest for years and recently decided to maybe sell it. I looked at the name ...
  A: Ricky, Cedar storage chests such as yours were made by at least a dozen different companies during ...
Ducker trunk11/11/2014
  Q: We have a Drucker trunk with a pateint date of December 1900. The serial number is 2 sin 219. There ...
  A: The Nathan Drucker trunk company of Cincinnati, Ohio had two patents awarded in Dec. 1900 and they ...
Wardrobe11/10/2014
  Q: Would you be able to tell us anything about this wardrobe trunk? Cheers, Geoff
  A: Geoff, This style wardrobe trunk was made primarily in Germany from about 1900 until the early ...
Steamer Trunk11/7/2014
  Q: I recently came into possession of a steamer trunk that belonged to my late grandfather. No one in ...
  A: I see you have been reading up on trunks. You are correct that this is a true "steamer" trunk and ...
George P. Bent shipping chest11/6/2014
  Q: The George P. Bent chest I believe was used to ship organ parts or something from the Chicago ...
  A: That's a very interesting item you have and I agree it must have been a shipping chest of some type. ...
Stallman Dresser Trunk11/4/2014
  Q: Was this kind of trunk used by Vaudevillians? Any suggestions on where i can find construction ...
  A: Thomas, I expect that some of the Stallman dresser trunks were used by traveling theatrical or ...
My Great Grandmother's trunk11/3/2014
  Q: Attached are some pictures of a trunk my Grandmother gave me about 30 years ago that belonged to my ...
  A: Ron, Your trunk is in pretty nice condition overall and worth preserving as original as possible. ...
james s topham11/2/2014
  Q: 3 ft high cast iron Indian with copper badge similar to one on trunks. reads James s Topham maker ...
  A: Larry, That sounds very interesting and it sounds like something that was used at the retail stores ...
Old trunk11/1/2014
  Q: We were wondering if you could tell us anything about this trunk? It was given to my father a week ...
  A: The trunk is almost certainly an American made trunk from about 1910 to the 1920's. That style trunk ...
Dresser Wall trunk9/30/2014
  Q: Based on your answer, this would be classified as a dresser wall trunk. Here are two pictures of ...
  A: Brian, Yes, you definitely have a dresser style wall trunk, also called a "bureau" trunk by some ...
antique trunk9/29/2014
  Q: My wife and I recently purchased a wall trunk to restore. As lifelong DIYers, we are enjoying all ...
  A: Brian, Wall trunks really caught on during the 1890's even though there had been a couple earlier ...
Old Trunk9/25/2014
  Q: I have an old trunk manufactured by "THE PUEBLO TRUNK CO. MAKERS PUEBLO, COLO." which is ...
  A: Marie-Ange, This website will allow you to attach two pictures. I would need to see picture in ...
Canvas covered trunk9/25/2014
  Q: I am very impressed with your knowledge from your previous answers! I am trying to repair and ...
  A: Diana, Part of the answer to your question depends on what you intend to do with the trunk. While ...
Frank A. Stallman Trunk Co.9/21/2014
  Q: What were the years of operation for the Stallman trunk company? Thank you George Hewitson
  A: Officially the Frank A. Stallman trunk company was in business from 1894 until 1919. But Stallman ...
Old Trunk I inherited9/19/2014
  Q: I am trying to find info on trunk I inherited. It has been told that this trunk came from England ...
  A: Robert, This is an American made trunk, called a Barrel Top Cross Slat trunk. These were made from ...
topham WWl era field desk?9/15/2014
  Q: I purchased this trunk/desk recently. I am wondering what it is worth and if trying to have it ...
  A: Lisa, The trunk you have is a military field desk trunk, which was made under government contract ...
Cavalier Trunk9/7/2014
  Q: I have a Cavalier Cedar Trunk that belonged to my grandmother. It has the metal Cavalier tag in the ...
  A: Sorry for the delay. Many companies made similar cedar chests and in a variety of styles and models. ...
trunk features9/2/2014
  Q: My trunk has a partial ticket on it. Not sure if was one they put om the trunks when traveling or ...
  A: Frank Stallman made a variety of trunks, including their own style of dresser trunks and some that ...
What value does my trunk have?7/26/2014
  Q: I have a neverbreak trunk that has seen better days. The leather handles on either side are broken, ...
  A: Christine, Neverbreak trunks were a brand name used by the Goldsmith & Son Trunk company of Newark, ...
Haskell Bros Trunk7/22/2014
  Q: I bought an old trunk years ago. It is an unusual size: 17" deep, 35" wide, and 30" tall. A brass ...
  A: Yes, your trunk is a bit of an unusual size to most people, but actually it was a special type of ...
Humpback trunk7/20/2014
  Q: I've come into possession of an old humpback truck. Inside the lid is states: Patented Aug.22 1882 ...
  A: Christina, The patent dates which are stamped in the lid of your trunk were for patents awarded to ...
Klein brothers7/19/2014
  Q: I have a Klein brothers cedar truck. Trying to determine Value. Please provide any info you may ...
  A: Many of the old cedar chests and trunks don't have any label on them, so you are fortunate that you ...
Never break truck7/17/2014
  Q: I bought this trunk many years ago from an elderly fellow. Plate on side says Never break golfer ...
  A: Lorne, That sounds like an interesting trunk, but I haven't seen that particular model, so without ...
Antique Trunk Info7/13/2014
  Q: Hey, just wondering if you could tell me a little info on this trunk in the pictures. It has no ...
  A: This trunk is a style that was generally called a barrel stave top trunk per all the old trunk ...
Value of Trunk7/10/2014
  Q: My husband and I recently bought a trunk at an auction and we are having some trouble finding ...
  A: Kara, While I can give you some information about your trunk, I cannot give you an estimate of the ...
Trunk.7/8/2014
  Q: My name is Ben. I recently came across a trunk. I'm thinking it was made around 1900. It has a tag ...
  A: Ben, Your trunk was made by the Nathan Drucker trunk company of Cincinnati, OH. The December 1900 ...
Humpback trunks7/4/2014
  Q: We recently came into possession of 2 different sizes of humpback trunks from a storage locker ...
  A: Sandra, Both of your trunks are types that were made primarily in the US in the early 1900's. But ...
Henry Likly Wardrobe Trunk6/24/2014
  Q: I was wondering if there was any way to find out how old this wardrobe trunk is? It has Henry Likly ...
  A: Lisa, Even though the Likly company was established in 1844, they didn't start making that style ...
Who Manufactured this wardrobe trunk6/24/2014
  Q: I just purchased this wardrobe trunk and am unsure of the manufacture, we can not read it as it is ...
  A: Lisa, While there were at least several dozen trunk companies that made similar wardrobe trunks, I ...
makers of trunks6/23/2014
  Q: I have two trunks that I have been trying to research, but not finding info on either manufacturer. ...
  A: Judi, There were dozens of trunk companies which made the fiber covered trunks and most of them ...
Flat Top Trunk6/23/2014
  Q: Miller I recently picked up an old trunk with out any labels, it does have some possible maker ...
  A: Dave, Your canvas covered flat top trunk was a style made by many US trunk makers from the 1890s to ...
Another old trunk6/20/2014
  Q: We just got this trunk from a yard sale. We were curious about any historical information and the ...
  A: I just saw this follow-up question you had with another picture. You won't hurt the value of this ...
Another old trunk6/18/2014
  Q: We just purchased another trunk from a yard sale. It's very large, but I don't see any markings on ...
  A: Jessy, I'm not able to see very much detail from your pictures so I won't be able to tell you very ...
curious about old trunk6/12/2014
  Q: I pulled this trunk out of my grandma's basement. She said she got it at a garage sale 40 years ago. ...
  A: Jessy, The trunk your grandmother owns is a type that was called a "fibre covered trunk", which ...
antique trunk5/28/2014
  Q: I am interested in knowing about my trunk - approximate age, worth, or any historical information. ...
  A: Your trunk is a duck canvas covered trunk in a style made from the mid 1890's to about 1915 or so by ...
Italian connection5/26/2014
  Q: My Italian grandmother travelled from Italy to Australia with this trunk, and I have been told that ...
  A: Michelle, There were several large trunk companies, primarily in New Jersey, that exported many ...
Curious about a trunk!5/22/2014
  Q: I was given this trunk and I would like to know what year it was made and really information you ...
  A: Cherry, That trunk is American made and has stamped steel slat clamps and latches, and a lock in ...
Cedar Chest5/12/2014
  Q: I am seeking information on this chest I've had in my family for at least 25 years. My father bought ...
  A: I certainly understand your frustration with trying to find more information about your cedar chest. ...
Old antique trunk found in my garage!5/5/2014
  Q: I found an old trunk in my garage and after my grandmother recognized the name of the furniture ...
  A: This looks like a cedar lined storage chest, possibly from the 1950's to 1960's is my best estimate ...
James S. Topham Trunk5/3/2014
  Q: I just picked this trunk up at a garage sale and I wanted to know about it's history! It is in a ...
  A: Elizabeth, Your trunk, made by James S. Topham of Washington, D.C., was made for the military ...
Haskell bros.4/29/2014
  Q: I have inherited an old leather bag/satchel, made by Haskell bros. the label inside on a pocket is ...
  A: Lisa, That's an interesting old bag that you have. Over the year as I have collected antique trunks ...
Antique trunk4/23/2014
  Q: I bought this trunk at a yard sale a few weeks ago, the man bought it at a yard sale himself so he ...
  A: Karla, The Barnard Bros. Trunk Company was established in 1876 and was in business until about ...
question4/17/2014
  Q: Szép napot! Érdeklődöm a doboz mikori lehet? Hol gyártották? Mennyibe kerülhet? Köszönöm! ...
  A: This style trunk was made in America from the 1890's to about 1920 by many different trunk ...
FBM Cedar Chest4/11/2014
  Q: I hope you can help. I recently inherited a 1951 FBM cedar chest that has been in our family since ...
  A: Lisa, It's a pretty nice looking cedar chest and does have some value, however there are quite a ...
james s. topham trunk4/1/2014
  Q: i have had my trunk for about five years now. i bought it at an antique shop in douglasville ga. ...
  A: Megan, You have a true "steamer" trunk, which was a style made from the 1880's through the early ...
Geo S Haines Trunk Chest3/29/2014
  Q: I have a Geo S Haines trunk chest that has a date of May 70 on the hinge inside. Mine has etched ...
  A: Matt, Haines made many styles of trunks from the 1880s to about 1930. The trunk lid stay that was ...
trunk3/20/2014
  Q: I would love to know about this trunk. I would like to use it for historical painting subjects, so ...
  A: Heide, This trunk or chest is a "home made"(or blacksmith made/handmade)item, rather than a ...
winship steamer trunk with eagle lock3/19/2014
  Q: we have the key for this trunk and the numbers on the key match the lock so we are confident its the ...
  A: Carol, Winship and Eagle Lock Company were both in business for about 100 years and they made and ...
Military Foot Locker3/16/2014
  Q: I found this awesome military foot locker! After washing it up a bit, some stenciled writing was ...
  A: Paulette, yes, that is a nice military foot locker and they made them like that from around the ...
Vintage White Star/Cunard Line carry on case3/15/2014
  Q: I have a thick leather, what looks to be...a carry on bag...from about the 20's, with both a White ...
  A: Gary, The monogram is probably for the owner because the companies did not typically label their ...
Duluth trunk?3/13/2014
  Q: I was given an antique trunk. It has a metal tag on the top that says Duluth Trunk Factory Make and ...
  A: Sherry, As you describe the trunk, it has items that were very common on trunks of the 1880's to ...
Jenny Lind trunk3/12/2014
  Q: I would like to know the date of this trunk. The interior is lined with fabric…the tray is missing. ...
  A: That is a nice Jenny Lind style trunk you have. I have spent a great deal of time researching this ...
James W. Topham trunk3/12/2014
  Q: Miller, I, too, own a James W. Topham trunk and via the photos and the description of the one in ...
  A: I hope I can help some. The Topham trunks that I have seen have been good quality trunks and that ...
N.J. Whalen trunk3/11/2014
  Q: I was wondering if you could give me any more information about this trunk? Here is what I have: The ...
  A: Sandy, It's nice that your trunk has the original label and the inner tray (trunk makers never ...
trunk idenitiy3/9/2014
  Q: I found this trunk in my father's attic. Can you tell me anything about it? There are no ...
  A: Arlene, This trunk is a very nice example of a very popular trunk style from the 1890's until the ...
Who is C. Goyard?3/5/2014
  Q: Can you identify the maker of the big, old trunk we own? I'm attaching a pic of the label.
  A: Sue, That is a very interesting label in your trunk. It is fairly typical of French trunk labels ...
Steamer Trunk3/4/2014
  Q: I am trying to learn about antiques. I love them and one day hope to have an antique shop. I just ...
  A: Karyn, Your trunk is a canvas covered trunk made sometime between the mid 1890's to about 1915. ...
Drucke Steamer Trunk2/7/2014
  Q: As I said in my last message I wanted to restore My Drucker Steamer Trunk But on the Trunk on the ...
  A: Debbie, yes, it was a very common practice to have your initials and town painted on the side of ...
Steamer Trunk2/6/2014
  Q: My sister gave me a Drucker Steamer Trunk it has the original tag inside and it says registered ...
  A: This style trunk was usually called a canvas covered Dress Trunk by the makers. Most trunk companies ...
1800s Steamer Trunk2/2/2014
  Q: I recently acquired this trunk which I'm told is from the 1800s. I'd like to know more about it such ...
  A: If you can share a couple good pictures of the trunk I can see what I can tell about it. Please ...
Old Trunk questions1/28/2014
  Q: I just reviewed your answers to Andy from 1/22/14 and he has the same trunk I have questions about ...
  A: I'll do my best to answer all your questions. I have been studying trunk construction methods, ...
trunk1/28/2014
  Q: Can you tell me about a old trunk I was going to repurpose I started to try cleaning it has a brass ...
  A: Donna, Guthries Trunk Store was in Louisville in the early 1900's and they sold many types of ...
Antique Dome Top Trunk1/22/2014
  Q: I am planning to restore/refurbish this dome top trunk. I am hoping you can help narrow down the ...
  A: Andy, It appears you have tried to do your homework on this. But unfortunately for more people it ...
old wood trunk1/18/2014
  Q: I got this trunk in a storage auction with quite a few antiques, china etc... any idea of age, make ...
  A: Dan, This chest is really some type of individually handmade tool chest, carpenter's or other ...
Inherited this Trunk1/8/2014
  Q: I have checked for markings everywhere on this trunk including the locks and there is nothing that I ...
  A: KJ, This trunk is one of many styles made from the mid 1880's to the late 1890's. Most companies ...
Old Duluth Trunk1/6/2014
  Q: My wife has this old trunk that has a tag on it from the Duluth Trunk Factory With Joseph ...
  A: Rodney, I've seen trunks from that company with the same label and a few with other versions of ...
very old trunk1/5/2014
  Q: I know how family lore goes, so never took much stock in the story. I am, however, a proven direct ...
  A: Stephanie, Based on your overall description of the trunk and the pictures you provided I can say ...
replacement key for Eagle lock10/25/2013
  Q: Marvin, I am looking for a replacement key for an Eagle lock on an old truck passed down through ...
  A: Susan, It is still possible to find an old key for your lock. I've been collecting old trunk lock ...
Eagle Lock Company Trunk10/23/2013
  Q: I have an old Eagle Rock Company trunk and would like to find out more about it. I am attaching a ...
  A: Suzanne, Your trunk is almost certainly American made and from the time period of about 1910 to ...
Sea Chest Appraisal10/23/2013
  Q: I'm sending a few pictures of this old sea chest/trunk that's been in my possession for many years. ...
  A: Anne, First, let me say that this style trunk, originally called a Cross-Slatted trunk when it ...
trunk10/17/2013
  Q: i have a wardrobe trunk i just scored on at a yard sale. and i am trying to researh it a little bit ...
  A: Miranda, I get many questions about these trunks partly because many trunk companies made these ...
Neverbreak Trunk10/14/2013
  Q: I went picking and found a black, canvas from what I can tell, Neverbreak trunk. The canvas is ...
  A: Jen, Neverbreak trunks were a line of trunks made by L. Goldsmith & Son trunk company of Newark, ...
Trunk/luggage?10/12/2013
  Q: A friend who is renting an apartment in this old mansion house built in 1887, give me this trunk, ...
  A: This trunk is a true "steamer" style trunk made sometime from about 1920 to the 1940's. The trunk is ...
Restore/Stabalize/Salvage Original Lithographs?10/4/2013
  Q: I purchased a very good, solid camel/dome top steamer, with all the original insert/tray/boxes and ...
  A: Peter, Yes, you did find a very nice trunk with an excellent original interior, which is pretty ...
Antique trunk10/1/2013
  Q: I was wondering if you could tell me anything about this trunk including what it might be worth.
  A: Tracy, This style trunk was made in the United States by many trunk companies, from about 1890 to ...
1900 Drucker Trunk9/26/2013
  Q: I have a Drucker trunk made in 1900.It has the beauty and strength trademark seal on it with a ...
  A: Kathy, I believe I can help you but it would really help to have a couple pictures. Drucker, like ...
Haskell bros makers chicago trunk9/26/2013
  Q: I found a Haskell bros trunk with the number 5 on the locking mechanisms. I have searched for any ...
  A: Yes, this is certainly an antique Haskell Bros. trunk and not a reproduction. Haskell Bros. trunk ...
antique trunk with stars 1800's9/26/2013
  Q: I have a domed antique trunk with embossed stars on it. 28"l 16"w 17"h. The old lady I bought it ...
  A: It sounds like you have an American made trunk, but it is still possible that someone brought it ...
1800 victorian eagle lock steamer trunk9/23/2013
  Q: i just found this at our local dump and i took it home to try and find the origin, value, - the lock ...
  A: Anne, you're welcome. It was very common for the owner's initials or name to be printed or painted ...
Old trunk9/19/2013
  Q: I recovered this old trunk from an abandoned house. Can you tell me anything about it ? I think it ...
  A: You have an American made travel trunk made sometime from about 1905 to the early 1920's. It is a ...
Antique trunk9/15/2013
  Q: I was wanting to know history/age and general value of this trunk that I have. Picked up at a ...
  A: Lena, Your trunk was made by the Totty Trunk & Bag Company of Petersburg, VA and is one of several ...
Cedar chests9/10/2013
  Q: I have two cedar chests. One is made by the Seaburg Manufacturing Co in Jamestown NY. The other is ...
  A: Erika, You have two very nice old chests. There is some information available online about these ...
Trunk9/8/2013
  Q: I recently purchased a wooden trunk and I am trying to gather information about it such as age ...
  A: Jessica, The original names used for this style trunk were Cross Slat barrel top trunk and Round ...
Vintage Seward trunk9/7/2013
  Q: I found this beautiful trunk today at a local flea market and would love if you could give me a ...
  A: Jessica, From what I can see in your pictures you have a Seward wardrobe trunk called the ...
Antique Trunk9/6/2013
  Q: I am interested in learning about the history of this trunk and the approx value. It has E B. ...
  A: Diane, Your trunk is a style that was called a flat top cross slat trunk and these were made from ...
Headley & Farmer Antique Trunk9/1/2013
  Q: Hey my name is Kyle and I found this amazing trunk and was hoping you knew something about it. It's ...
  A: Kyle, Headley & Farmer made many styles of trunks from 1842 until about 1930. It's great that your ...
ellis island trunk8/29/2013
  Q: I have my parent's trunk that they brought from Poland/Germany (1950s) through Ellis Island. I was ...
  A: Angie, Would you be able to email a few pictures of the trunk and then I will see if there is ...
Steamer Trunk pat MAR16808/29/2013
  Q: In an auction, I bought a hump back steamer trunk ( I think that is what they call it)that had a pat ...
  A: Bill, The marking you found is really Pat. Mar.16,'80, for March 16, 1880. This was a patent ...
Vintage Trunk8/28/2013
  Q: Good day Mr Miller, I bought an antique steamer trunk at an estate sale in Revelstoke(BC), Canada ...
  A: Mathieu, Your flat top canvas covered trunk is a style made by many U.S. and Canadian trunk ...
Question about an Innovation Wardrobe trunk8/28/2013
  Q: I have an Innovation Wardrobe "hump topped" trunk from the early 1900's which has ten swing-out ...
  A: The patent for this particular wardrobe trunk feature was awarded in January 1929, so your trunk was ...
Corbin Cabinet Lock Co. Trunk8/27/2013
  Q: Marvin - I found this trunk in Door County Wisconsin up in Gills Rock. It belonged to the ...
  A: Matt, Your flat top, canvas covered trunk is a style that was made by many American trunk ...
Steamer trunk8/22/2013
  Q: I found this trunk and wanted to know if you knew who it was made by and Also a little history on ...
  A: Dawn, This style trunk was generally called a zinc covered round top trunk and is an American made ...
Albert Rosenhain Trunk Key8/20/2013
  Q: I saw the posting by Helen from earlier this month (I think). I have exactly the same issue -- same ...
  A: I didn't hear back from her if she was able to find a key or not. I can only give the same ...
Antique trunk8/15/2013
  Q: My grandmother gave me and old trunk and I cannot find any information on it. I would like to know ...
  A: Kayla, When these large flat top trunk were first made they were generally called Dress Trunks in ...
Steamer trunk history8/15/2013
  Q: Good day Mr Miller, I bought an antique steamer trunk at a thrift store in Quebec and I'd like to ...
  A: That's great that you found a Canadian made trunk with the label. Many trunks are found with no ...
antique trunk8/11/2013
  Q: Mr. Miller, I got your information from someone I know in the city we live in. I have an antique ...
  A: Greg and Karen, Your trunk made by John T. Barnum is a style that's a little harder to find than ...
trunk8/8/2013
  Q: Do you have any ida how much the trunk is worth?
  A: Usually these trunks in unrestored condition have a retail value of between about $150 to $200 now. ...
Steamer Trunk8/5/2013
  Q: I have an old steamer trunk that I got on Martha's Vineyard Island Mass. years ago and was wondering ...
  A: Laura, Your trunk is a style that was made from about 1910 until the mid 1920's with that type ...
Label identification8/2/2013
  Q: I just purchased what appears to be a Saratoga Steamer trunk but I'm having a hard time identifying ...
  A: Based on research I've done in the past, that trademark emblem with the alligator with a bag pulling ...
Old steamer trunk lock8/1/2013
  Q: I have an older steamer trunk. The lock has a horseshoe with an s inside it under that is a small ...
  A: Helen, I've seen those locks before and they were made in Europe and used on trunks from England, ...
Latest find7/30/2013
  Q: Came across this last week in the back of a barn. Is this what's known as a civil war trunk? The ...
  A: Steve, That's a nice find. Some people do refer to trunks of this style as Civil War trunks, ...
antique trunk7/27/2013
  Q: i have a trunk that says forby trunk factory omaha on it. could you tell me the a little about this ...
  A: Mariette, First let me say that there were many trunk companies across the U.S. and most cities ...
Wolverine Brand7/25/2013
  Q: I recently purchased an antique trunk from a barn sale in Northern Michigan and stumbled upon a ...
  A: Rachael, I currently do not have any specific information on the Wolverine Brand of trunks. But ...
old galvanized trunk7/14/2013
  Q: i came across this old trunk and cannot find any info on it. the inside is all galvanized. its flat ...
  A: I have studied, restored, and collected trunks for about 40 years now, and based on that background ...
Refinished trunk7/11/2013
  Q: Just adding the photos of the trunk I posted on 25 May after a clean up. I couldn't attach more ...
  A: Steve, That's a beautiful restoration job you've done and a great looking trunk. The trunk is an ...
Cass doll trunk7/10/2013
  Q: I have cass trunk (14x7x7 inches) from the 50's/60's. I would like to refurbish it for my 5 year old ...
  A: Sharon, Those Cass trunks were usually made of thin wood with paper covering inside and out. They ...
wardrobe trunk7/5/2013
  Q: Mr. Miller, I recently acquired an old wardrobe trunk with the label Judd's Luggage N.Y.C. (photo ...
  A: David, Thanks for adding the pictures. I've studied and saved names of trunk companies for almost ...
square steamer type trunk7/2/2013
  Q: Just thought the lable found inside may help date the trunk.Thanks again,Marvin.Sincerly Aggie
  A: Not really in this case because that is a typical label and was probably used for many years. Some ...
Small square steamer type trunk6/30/2013
  Q: I rescued a small square trunk that has hardware w/terryville Conn. usa dec.6 1892 patent date Eagle ...
  A: From about the 1860's through the 1920's many trunk companies made small square or nearly square ...
Value & history of old trunk6/21/2013
  Q: Going through my Uncle's estate we found this trunk & would like an idea of its worth. The size is ...
  A: Denise, In the late 1800's to early and mid 1900's there were many trunk companies across the ...
Vintage steamer trunk6/17/2013
  Q: My wife inherited some property recently from her father, and this trunk was with the rest of the ...
  A: Dave, The only Straub Trunk company that I have ever found information on was the Straub Trunk ...
Antique trunk6/11/2013
  Q: I won this trunk at an auction over the weekend and planned to strip it and paint it. As I inspected ...
  A: This is a very interesting question and trunk because it allows me to explain that some trunks were ...
Value of my fair condition neverbreak trunk6/9/2013
  Q: I have a Neverbreak Trunk in fair condition. Still has the registry plate in tact. I was trying to ...
  A: Joshua, Nearly all antique or vintage trunks have some value now, even if it's just for parts. ...
Flat Top Steamer Trunk?6/8/2013
  Q: My wife and I recently acquired this 34" Wide x 20" Deep x 22" Tall old trunk from a friend. ...
  A: Sean, First, the hardware on your trunk is all rather generic styles which were used by many trunk ...
Trunk6/5/2013
  Q: I recently just purchased a trunk and I would like to know a little about it. It says Eagle lock co ...
  A: Samantha, Eagle Lock Company was in Terryville, CT making many types of trunk locks from 1853 to ...
train cases6/3/2013
  Q: .. And can you believe i have never seen this site before... Like i said i have 2 of these one has ...
  A: Jen, The case I see in the picture is a small traveling case or possibly ladies cosmetics case ...
Trunk description5/25/2013
  Q: I just come across a high dome trunk with a lovely coat of grey paint and green wallpaper which I'm ...
  A: Sorry for the delay as I have been traveling for the Memorial day weekend, away from home. The slat ...
Vintage trunk - Rogers Trunk Corp5/14/2013
  Q: I acquired this trunk at an estate sale recently. I was attracted to it as it has the inside tray ...
  A: Bill, There were actually several large trunk companies in Petersburg, VA including Rogers and it ...
trunk5/13/2013
  Q: I am attaching 2 photos of a trunk from I think the 1930's. One photo is of the trunk, and the ...
  A: Maggie, Your canvas covered trunk could very well be older than you think. Many of these were made ...
I don't know what it is!5/9/2013
  Q: I am trying to find out if this piece is worth keeping, needs a lots of work, has lost most of its ...
  A: Monica, I'm pretty sure that this is a carved chest from India. I've seen a variety of them over ...
Trunk lock patent date4/29/2013
  Q: Good Afternoon Marvin, Thank you for your time. I have a flat top trunk with a Yale patent dated ...
  A: That's a great question which is more complex than most people think. Many parts for trunks, ...
Antique H&M Trunk4/25/2013
  Q: I have an old trunk that was willed to me by my great Uncle and was wondering what the value of it ...
  A: Deborah, After you write your question, there should be a place where it has "Attach an Image" ...
Green metal trunk4/22/2013
  Q: I have a green metal trunk with a lift out tray. On the lid theres an oval logo. "GENERAL ...
  A: I saw the pictures you sent. This is a footlocker type trunk made under government contract for the ...
Antique trunks4/21/2013
  Q: I have four antique trunks and I would to know when were they made by whom were they made and and ...
  A: The first trunk with gold metal is a Round Top Cross Slat style trunk, made sometime from about 1890 ...
old trunk from an auction4/21/2013
  Q: My husband went to an estate auction this morning and came home with an old trunk, we are hoping ...
  A: I can help you if you are able to send some pictures. If you have pictures taken and uploaded to ...
Vintage Trunk4/20/2013
  Q: Mr. Miller - Was just hoping you could tell me about this trunk I inherited. It has The Corbin Bros. ...
  A: This style trunk was usually called a Dress Trunk by the trunk makers and made of canvas over wood ...
barrel top trunks4/7/2013
  Q: i have this trunk and the only thing i can find is a paper label inside that reads ...
  A: There were hundreds of trunk manufacturers in the United States and even more trunk retail stores ...
Old Trunk4/6/2013
  Q: I have recently purchased this old trunk and would like to know if anyone can tell me anything about ...
  A: Your trunk was made in the U.S. sometime between about 1885 to 1900. This is a style called a Cross ...
trunk3/25/2013
  Q: Could you also give some info on this trunk. Thank you.
  A: Michael, This is a paper (imitation leather) covered trunk, usually called a Barrel Stave top trunk ...
trunk3/25/2013
  Q: Could you please give me some info on this trunk please. Age + value
  A: This flat top cross slat trunk is a style made across the U.S. from about 1900 to about 1915. Many ...
Antique chest.3/25/2013
  Q: I was hoping that you might be able to tell me what I have her and what it might be worth. Thank ...
  A: Michael, From the picture this appears to be an antique cedar chest. You can probably tell if this ...
trunk with Eagle Lock Company lock3/18/2013
  Q: I have a trunk and I'm not sure how old it is or if it has any value. I was wondering if you could ...
  A: Janet, Your trunk is a style that was made by several trunk companies from the 1930's to the early ...
miniture chest/trunk 13/16/2013
  Q: I bought this at a rummage sale yesterday for $4. The chest is lined in velvet followed by wood and ...
  A: John, That is a very interesting miniature chest you have and I expect you got a very good buy on ...
Sample trunk3/13/2013
  Q: I was wondering the value of my trunk. I have recently sent you photos. Also if my trunk could be ...
  A: Anna, First a little history on sample trunks. You have a sample trunk that was made for a ...
1800s cedar blanket chest3/8/2013
  Q: I'm looking for a value for my cedar chest. Handmade in Jonesboro, TN sometime in the early 1800s. ...
  A: That is a very nice looking cedar chest and it's great that you have something that nice made by ...
indian metal trunk2/26/2013
  Q: I have a large metal trunk, of which I'm hoping you might know something about. there is a red ...
  A: While I don't have very much information specifically on trunk makers of India, I have seen a few ...
Augusta Trunk Factory2/25/2013
  Q: I recently got an old trunk that was made by the Augusta Trunk Factory in GA. All I can find on ...
  A: Kelly, I've had and seen a variety of trunks made by the Augusta Trunk Factory over the last 20 ...
old trunk2/22/2013
  Q: We recently purhased a 1940's cottage with an attic full of stuff, including this trunk. The ...
  A: That's a pretty nice attic find. This is a canvas covered flat top wooden travel trunk, a style that ...
Steamer clothing trunk2/12/2013
  Q: I have a steamer trunk it has drawers on one side and hangers on the other is title a never break ...
  A: Mike, I get more questions about these trunks than most others partly because many families still ...
Unique lock on antique trunk2/11/2013
  Q: Marvin- I have a large flat top trunk with a unique brass lock scribed with swirls. The lock has a ...
  A: The brass lock on your trunk is a style that was patented by Eagle Lock Co. in 1892. But then the ...
Trunk2/10/2013
  Q: I hope you can tell me more about the trunk I have for several years. The story, I was told is that ...
  A: Elke, Henry Likly was established in 1844, but began making the wardrobe trunks around 1900 and by ...
flat steamer trunk2/9/2013
  Q: I have a flat steamer trunk with Eagle lock Co. Terryville conn. 8441 printed on the lock.Whats it ...
  A: Eric, The number on the lock is the key code and with that you can find a replacement key for the ...
Old embossed trunk2/5/2013
  Q: I inherited this black embossed trunk from my Grandpa. He said it was his mother's. I want to know ...
  A: Tanya, This trunk was a very popular style of the mid 1880's to about 1915. It was called a Cross ...
price range2/3/2013
  Q: love chest lane serial no 2085110/ stamped moth protected style no 463810 lane company dept. ...
  A: Wanda, You may also want to send this question to someone who specializes in antique and vintage ...
eagle lock co trunk1/21/2013
  Q: I recently purchased this trunk at an auction and wanted to know if you could help me identify what ...
  A: I can probably help you with some information if you can send a couple pictures of the trunk. Eagle ...
Violin case1/20/2013
  Q: I bought a violin that came in this case. The previous owner bought the violin in 1933 in Boston. ...
  A: The lock and latches from Eagle Lock company are brass and a style they made from about 1920 to ...
suitcase c1940's ?1/20/2013
  Q: Miller, I have an older "tweed,brn/yellow(4)striped,leather handled,hard shell suitcase" I'm ...
  A: Tom, Yes, I also believe your suitcase was made from about 1940 to the 1950's. Striped designs and ...
Trunk1/15/2013
  Q: Here are some photos of the trunk I recently enquirer about Thanks so much for your feedback! ...
  A: Sandra, It's a nice looking trunk. I can see from the pictures that it was a canvas covered trunk. ...
trunck1/14/2013
  Q: I found this trunk in a old house. It has S. Levy Trunks Memphis Tenn. on the lock just wanting to ...
  A: Soloman Levy was a trunk maker in Memphis from the late 1860's to the late 1890's. He was originally ...
ca malm & co wardrobe truck1/14/2013
  Q: i was given this trunk by a friend and I have only little information based on my own Google ...
  A: The wardrobe trunk you have fits the general description of those made by many trunk companies ...
Militrary WWII footlocker1/14/2013
  Q: I have my dad's. It has Eagle Lock co. CN lock, I need a key. It has National Vulcanized Fibre Co ...
  A: There were different types of Eagle locks used on those footlockers, some with barrel keys and some ...
old trunk1/9/2013
  Q: I recently purchased an old flat top trunk. It's beautiful and looks like it's original. It is ...
  A: Your trunk was originally covered with canvas based on what you have told me. If I could see ...
Old Trunk makers1/4/2013
  Q: I am looking for info on a Henry D. Moore. He made trunks around 1880. He was issued a patent in ...
  A: Richard, Henry D. Moore made trunks in Brooklyn, NY in the 1870's to 1890's based on the little ...
antique jewelry box4/3/2012
  Q: Can you tell me if this jewelry box is an antique?
  A: some items of that type, especially the oriental items are very hard to determine the age based on a ...
antique trunk/hat box3/12/2012
  Q: Mr. Miller: I purchased a trunk approx. 60 yrs. ago and at that time it was very old. I wonder if ...
  A: Norm, Your cube shaped trunk was most likely made as a hat trunk and is most likely a French made ...
antique trunk3/8/2012
  Q: What can you tell me about this trunk that belonged to my 2x great aunt who lived in Pottsville PA ...
  A: Katherine, I would say that if your great aunt bought this trunk new, that she would have been ...
Moran Brothers Trunk3/4/2012
  Q: Cannot locate this company to get an evaluation of an old trunk I recently acquired and trying to ...
  A: While I have not heard of Moran Bros. trunk company until now, I can tell you that based on my 40 ...
Antique Trunk3/3/2012
  Q: I was wondering what era this is from. It doesn't have the straps on it but is otherwise in good ...
  A: Your trunk is an American made trunk from the period of about 1898 to about 1920. It appears that ...
Geo. S. Haines Trunk / Eagle lock2/29/2012
  Q: Mr. Miller, We have a Geo. S. Haines flat top steamer trunk with an Eagle lock with a patent date ...
  A: that is a great question which can help many people in determining the approximate age of their ...
Old Trunk2/24/2012
  Q: I have a old trunk its a flat top the name on it is Headley and Farmer date 1842 and says New York. ...
  A: Sheryl, Headley and Farmer was established in 1842 but most of the trunks found with their labels ...
trunk2/10/2012
  Q: I have a small brass trunk, can you tell me anything about it?
  A: based on the one picture I can see, this doesn't look to be so small. But unfortunately I cannot ...
Eagle Lock Co, Terryville2/1/2012
  Q: ! i recently aquired this suitcase that is unmarked, but has locks from Eagle Lock Co, Terryville ...
  A: Yes, photos would help a lot. Eagle Lock Co was in business from about 1854 to 1955 and made a wide ...
date it was made and value of it1/31/2012
  Q: i have a old ed roos cedar chest where can i find the date it was made and how can i find out how ...
  A: Janet, Unfortunately there is not an easy or simple answer to your question. There is a great ...
I found an antique trunk1/31/2012
  Q: I found an antique trunk that said S Levy maker memphis tennessee patented july,26 1898 ...
  A: Kathyleen, There is not much information available about many early trunk companies such as Levy ...
Camelback Trunk1/27/2012
  Q: Marvin, I just read about the crystallized tin covered trunk. The back of our trunk is in good shape ...
  A: Stan, There were a few patents for the combined corner stay and hinge, and most trunks with those ...
Family Trunk.....1/24/2012
  Q: As a child, I remember an old trunk that sat in one of my grandpa's side rooms....it fascinated me ...
  A: Jody, that's wonderful that you will get to keep a trunk that was in your family and then pass it ...
antique childs school desk1/23/2012
  Q: I rec'd this desk, been outside in the weather for years. I am in process of refinishing it. Would ...
  A: Tom, I am old enough to remember sitting in a few of the old school desks similar to what you ...
Trunk restoration1/19/2012
  Q: I am working on restoring an old trunk purchased at a yard sale for $10.00. The finish on the trunk ...
  A: Monica, That is a very good question and for many years most people have known very little about ...
Ocean Liner Labels on Trunk1/15/2012
  Q: My wife has a small suitcase about the size of a long hat box. I suspect it is from the 1920's? It ...
  A: Joe, There have been collectors of old suit cases, hat boxes, and trunks for quite some time, but ...
1930's trunk1/8/2012
  Q: hi im thinking of buyingthis from a guy in my city says its a 1930's trunk he wants $150 for it and ...
  A: J.J. First, I have to say that it is difficult to tell very much from the picture provided as the ...
Saratogo Trunk I wish to sell1/5/2012
  Q: I hope you can help me. I have a Saragoto dome top trunk I brought over from the UK 7 years ago ...
  A: Rob, I don't get many questions from New Zealand, actually I believe you're the first. This trunk ...
Old Trunk12/19/2011
  Q: I just picked up this old trunk for $30CAD and the only clues I have found so far about its age, and ...
  A: Irina, I think you got a good buy on your trunk. This style trunk was usually called a Monitor ...
steamer trunk12/7/2011
  Q: I found a trunk left out for the trash and wanted to restore it. I have no information on it and i ...
  A: Vincent, That's a great find, and certainly a restorable antique trunk which can be beautiful when ...
old trunk12/6/2011
  Q: I have this old trunk and on the inside is a portrait of a female and it has four different sections ...
  A: Bonnie, It certainly sounds like it could be antique because many trunks of the 1800's and early ...
dome top trunk12/4/2011
  Q: I received this trunk as a gift from a friend, who aquired it from the slim princess railroad line ...
  A: Krissy, Based on my study of trunk parts patents, old trunk maker's catalogs, and other sources, I ...
Eagle Lock Co trunk12/1/2011
  Q: I have a very old trunk that says Eagle Lock Co USA Terryville Est. On the lock. I don't see a ...
  A: Karen, Eagle Lock Company was one of about a dozen lock companies that made trunk locks of various ...
Neverbreak Trunk11/21/2011
  Q: Recently purchased an old trunk at an auction - did not realize what it was until we opened it up - ...
  A: Janice, The trunk you have is called a Wardrobe trunk and these were very popular and made by many ...
lane cedar chest11/18/2011
  Q: can you tell me about a lane cedar chest dated Dec 1954. serial # 452270 style # 2933-e If there is ...
  A: Nancy, Lane made a variety of models of cedar chests over many years. Your Lane chest from 1954 ...
Trunks11/7/2011
  Q: I was recently given two trunks and would like to know what they are worth because I don't know ...
  A: Based on the style and hardware, these trunks were probably made in 1940's, or the 1930's at the ...
antique trunks11/5/2011
  Q: i have an old trunk. Its manafactured by goldsmith & sons, neverbreak. It has a metal ...
  A: Misty, Goldsmith & Son had a large trunk factory in Newark, NJ and they named a line of their ...
trunk restoration11/3/2011
  Q: I have two steamer trunks that I would like to have restored. Could you perhaps recommend someone. ...
  A: If you would like to email a couple pictures of your trunks I would be better able to advise you ...
company name10/26/2011
  Q: I do not have a picture of this trunk but my Mother-in-law has a trunk she wants to get rid of and I ...
  A: The HR & Co was Henry Runcie & Company of Buffalo, NY. The company was established in 1838 and was ...
pyro art military wood chest10/16/2011
  Q: We have a very nice chest that is painted blue/green & on the interior of the lid has some stunning ...
  A: Jill, That is very interesting with the folk art interior. This is only my own guess, but I think ...
Vintage Paramount Suitcase10/11/2011
  Q: I'd like to start off by thanking you in advance for volunteering your expertise on this wonderful ...
  A: Jennifer, While this is not extremely old, probably from the 1940's to 1950's era, they are ...
Antique flat top trunk10/1/2011
  Q: I recently purchased a beautiful old flat top trunk with a Corbin, New Britain, CT lock on the ...
  A: Bonnie, The Corbin Cabinet Lock Company made trunk locks of several styles that were sold to trunk ...
old trunk9/21/2011
  Q: I got this at a yard sale. I am curious about its history and value.
  A: Beth, Based on what I can see from the picture, I can tell this trunk was made sometime between ...
trunk9/20/2011
  Q: this is another trunk i purchased at a yard sale..i think i got a good deal at 20.00 can u tell me ...
  A: Valerie, This short and wide style trunk is what the trunk makers called Steamer Trunks, State ...
trunks9/20/2011
  Q: i purchased these trunks and i am just wondering if u could give me an approx. date that they were ...
  A: Based on the style of the hardware and lock, I can say that the trunk was made from the mid 1890's ...
military footlocker9/17/2011
  Q: I have a wooden footlocker and am seeking a value. It is about three feet long, 1 foot high and 1 ...
  A: Francine, based on your description it is hard to know exactly how old this item may be and that ...
Flat Top Oak Trunk9/17/2011
  Q: Mr. Miller, I pulled this trunk out of the garbage about 10 years ago, and have been using it as a ...
  A: Alex, That's a very interesting chest that you found. It looks like it would make a great coffee ...
Old baggage9/15/2011
  Q: Was hoping that you could help me. I now own these trunks and know nothing about them. I will give ...
  A: Tyler, Since I specialize in antique trunks from around 1800 to the early 1900's I don't really ...
help identifying chest/trunk9/14/2011
  Q: Can you help me? I can't find any info (name, type, age, value) of this chest. The tray and ...
  A: first please understand that it is difficult to tell a lot of information about any antique based on ...
black barrel shaped traveling case for sewing items [I assume]9/11/2011
  Q: Miller, Can you give me any information about this case? It is barrel shaped with little feet. It ...
  A: Pat, There were many types of small traveling cases made by a variety of companies and from the ...
trunk lock9/11/2011
  Q: I have just refinished an antique trunk (manufacture - Totty, Petersburg, VA, early 1900s) with a ...
  A: Richard, Corbin and other lock makers made a large variety of trunk locks for trunk makers. While ...
trunk9/8/2011
  Q: I recieved this trunk for free..and refinished it and really like the piece..could u give me a ...
  A: Valerie, Based on what I can see of your flat top trunk I would say it was made sometime between ...
Trunk9/6/2011
  Q: You were so great when you gave me the answers about my Saratoga toy chest!!! I am sending you a ...
  A: Rebecca, I can tell you that the trunk is a flat top version of the cross slat trunk style ...
antique trunk??8/27/2011
  Q: we have recently inherited an old trunk that has an Eagle Lock co. lock on it but the lock looks ...
  A: Eagle Lock Company in Terryville, CT made many types of trunk locks from the 1850s through the mid ...
Old trunk8/10/2011
  Q: I just bought an old trunk, and I was wondering where it is from, and how old it may be. The ...
  A: Petra, This type of trunk was designed and patented by Charles Taylor in Chicago in 1880. It was ...
steamer trunks8/4/2011
  Q: Recently I acquired a wardrobe steamer trunk made by C H Landers company of Boston ,Mass. and am ...
  A: Carol, I do not have any information on a Landers trunk company of Boston. Is there a label or name ...
Antique domed trunk with inset lock stamped Terryville Conn Eagle Lock7/31/2011
  Q: I have an old antique steamer trunk, with two internal insets (complete) and the lock is stamped ...
  A: Your trunk is a style that was made mostly between the years of about 1890 to the 1920's. The ...
antique steamer trunk-Denmark7/27/2011
  Q: This steamer trunk came over from Horens,Denmark with my great-grandparents, probably around 1890's. ...
  A: Your trunk is a style that was made from the 1890's through about 1915 with that type of hardware ...
Saks Wardrobe7/26/2011
  Q: Can you please give me any info on this antique wardrobe. It has a metal tag that reads: Saks ...
  A: Jill, Saks sold a variety of wardrobe trunks made by a few different trunk companies. These were ...
Pistol Case - Duel Pistols7/21/2011
  Q: I found an old wooden box that appears to be a dueling pistol case. It has no markings other than B ...
  A: Victoria, In this instance it would help very much to have a couple pictures, especially showing ...
property brass tag7/19/2011
  Q: I have found a property tag that is either brass or bronze that reads " Property Wild Bills Wild ...
  A: Brian, While I have never personally seen or heard of a property tag of that type, I do believe it ...
Antique Trunks7/13/2011
  Q: I just recently stumbled across a gorgeous flat-top trunk with a Grecian(with dots)embossed pattern. ...
  A: your trunk is a style that was made by many trunk companies around the U.S. mostly from the mid ...
2nd picture of doll trunk7/13/2011
  Q: Miller, Here is the picture from the interior of the trunk. I sent yo a picture of the exterior a ...
  A: Rebecca, Your little trunk is a very nice and complete example of a Toy trunk, or sometimes called ...
Eagle Lock Trunk7/9/2011
  Q: I have a Eagle Lock Trunk , and know nothing about it , could you possibly be able to tell me what ...
  A: James, If you send a picture or two of the exterior I can tell much more. The interior is ...
Antique luggage7/9/2011
  Q: Mr. Miller: I would like help in the identification of a matching set of luggage that belonged to my ...
  A: I have tried to do a little research on my own about this luggage, but I have not been able to find ...
HOW TO RESEARCH?7/7/2011
  Q: I havea large camelback trunk. Metal embossed (wildflower?)in a black and or marron kind of tone, ...
  A: Jill, The picture of your trunk did not show up for some reason. Also, even though you may have ...
Antique Trunk6/29/2011
  Q: Miller, I acquired this HUGE antique trunk that I need some expert help in identifying. The ...
  A: Cindy, Your trunk is really what most experts in antiques would call an immigrants chest. This was ...
Antique Steamer Trunk6/27/2011
  Q: Good Morning! I have an antique steamer trunk that is in excellent condition for it's age. It still ...
  A: Jill, Your trunk is in very good condition and is a quite large trunk. It is a style that was ...
key to coin box6/24/2011
  Q: good morning marvin, i have a glasco coke machine model #30000 serial #14288, but i have lost the ...
  A: I know someone who has a very large collection of old keys, mostly for trunks but also for other ...
Traveling Trunk6/22/2011
  Q: This trunk was given to my mom by my dad's mother around the mid 1950's when they moved from ...
  A: I have specialized in trunks for about 40 years now. Based on the picture of the top that is ...
eagle lock co trunk6/18/2011
  Q: I have 2 trunks, they say on the lock eagle lock co , with a number 2441 on it,I have a duel ...
  A: Megan, Eagle lock company made many styles of trunk locks starting around 1853 and ending in the ...
old wooden trunk6/11/2011
  Q: ...I am in possession of an old wooden trunk. I think it is a Naval or other brand of the Military ...
  A: This sounds like one of several types of military footlockers that were made by many companies on ...
Cass Doll suitcase6/7/2011
  Q: I have a red and green plaid doll suitcase with black trim and brass fittings with the label ...
  A: Kathy, I've restored, collected, bought and sold trunks and toy or doll trunks for about 40 years ...
James S Topham trunk6/6/2011
  Q: We have found an old trunk that has a plate on the lid of the trunk that says James S Topham Trunks ...
  A: James Topham made a variety of styles of trunks for quite a few years. Would it be possible for you ...
Cedar Chest6/6/2011
  Q: it is me again. I looked inside that last cedar chest that you were not sure about and found a stamp ...
  A: Yes, I thought that other chest looked like something made in the U.S. in the 1920's to 30's but ...
Old Trunks Worth6/5/2011
  Q: I inherited my parents estate and they had both of their parents estate and their grand parents ...
  A: I collect, restore, sell, and research antique trunks of all types. This flat top trunk is from ...
Old Trunk5/13/2011
  Q: I have my great grandfather's trunk that he came over from Scotland to Ellis Island with. It is not ...
  A: The basic answer to your question is maybe. That is because like most old items or antiques there ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

Top Expert on this page