Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert James Garrett

SubjectDate Asked
pottery lamp4/8/2014
  Q: Let start by thanking you for taking time to help. I recently picked up what looks like an art deco ...
  A: It is definitely an interesting piece. My specialty really ends at about 1920. You might try ...
Questions for article9/5/2013
  Q: I'm writing an article for Auctiva.com/edu about "antique collecting for beginners." If I may, I'd ...
  A: The traditional definition of antique has been something that is at least 100 years old. The term ...
American Pottery9/2/2013
  Q: I am just beginning to collect American made pottery. My first purchase was from lonesomeville ...
  A: That's a great question. The first thing you need to do is create a saved search on ebay so you can ...
Help identifying a piece of pottery8/21/2013
  Q: I was curious if i could get some help in possibly identifying where this piece of pottery came from ...
  A: Hey James, I really can't add much information other than it is unlike anything from the early <a ...
Immanuel Apache8/12/2013
  Q: I have a pair of Immanuel Apache 3 1/2" candlesticks. They are pottery, painted white with black ...
  A: I think your best bet might be to get an opinion from an auctioneer named R.G. Munn. ...
dalton pitcher6/26/2013
  Q: I have a pitcher that has royal Dalton on it and the number 5 stamped on the bottom, around the rim ...
  A: Hey Debbie. To be completely honest, I really only deal with American art pottery. You might have ...
Pottery information6/25/2013
  Q: Do you know anything about this kind of pottery? It is American made... don't really know anything ...
  A: Hey Herman, thanks for reaching out. Out of curiosity, how did you decide that was pottery? Any ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

James Garrett

Top Expert on this page