Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert Tom Williams

SubjectDate Asked
Age of furniture10/12/2016
  Q: I found a dresser set. Has a "White Fine Furniture" stamp on the inside of the drawers. Some printed ...
  A: I am sorry but furniture is not my line of expertise. I deal with antique clocks and radios. Look ...
Rek-O-kut Series 5 G2 in case, with tonearm--can you help me??6/6/2016
  Q: I have been searching and searching for information on this really neat thing that I have--and I ...
  A: Back in the days when shellac and vinyl were king, Rek O Kut was the standard of the industry for ...
blinking digital clock in my yorx radio cassette12/19/2015
  Q: my old yorx radio cassette model M2485 has a digital clock that keeps blinking. I have not using the ...
  A: When you press the time set button the flashing should stop. If it does not, check out the wiring ...
hello12/6/2015
  Q: I too help through this website. My area is American antique furniture restorations and ...
  A: My two areas of expertise are antique radios and clocks. I have received some furniture questions ...
Mercury cigarette penny slot machine8/24/2015
  Q: I have an old mercury cigarette penny clot machine and the penny just drops down to the bottom ...
  A: I checked and I could find no manuals on repair of slot machines. However, if the coin handling ...
Zenith farm radio7/27/2015
  Q: I own an old Zenith farm radio and would like to know how I might get it to work. I bought a 6 volt ...
  A: That is a nice piece you have there. It is a 4 tube vibrator powered receiver. I assume it is ...
Radio4/7/2015
  Q: When my parents purchased their first home in 1946, this radio was left behind by the previous ...
  A: This certainly is an unusual looking cabinet. I am quite familiar with that large dial that Zenith ...
zenith radio11/12/2014
  Q: Just wanted yo see worth something model m730 Still work s
  A: I have several radios of the vintage of your Zenith. I believe I paid 10 to 20 dollars for each of ...
Radio player11/11/2014
  Q: I have a Tone Products Corporation of America radio player. Model CU Serial#1307. I've been unable ...
  A: I could not find any reference to Tone Products Corporation of America in any of my electronic ...
Presto Transcription Turntables10/12/2014
  Q: Can you please help give me an Idea of where to sell these or get them appraised. I live in ...
  A: This sounds like a piece of broadcast quality record playing equipment. I have a similar turntable ...
1938 RCA Console8/26/2014
  Q: I have a 1938 RCA console radio. I need the rubber band that goes from the tuning knob to the tuning ...
  A: There are two major suppliers that I know of to the antique radio hobby. They are Radio Daze ...
Old National Panasonic Radio5/29/2014
  Q: bought this old National Panasonic 6-Transistor Model R-8 Hideaway Radio at a yard sale. The ...
  A: We checked ebay and found one on sale for $54.95 with 4 watches. There were, however, no bids yet. ...
Old Admiral Solid State Radio5/28/2014
  Q: I bought this radio for $2. It is an old Admiral Solid State radio with a clock. The radio and clock ...
  A: Solid state radios were produced in the US beginning in approximately 1960 and when the 1980's came ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Tom Williams

Top Expert on this page